What Should I Wear????

mcb100

O.G.
Jan 8, 2007
Hey everyone. I have a wake to go to today, and a funeral to go to tomorrow. I have no idea what to wear to either. I have never been to a funeral before, so I have no idea what everyone else will be wearing. I was thinking about wearing some black, maybe not all black....I'm really not sure. Can anybody help me?? What should I wear???

Black is fine for a funeral. Charcoal grey, camel or any other neutral color works, too. It's really more about tone than color, I think. Sorry to hear about the funeral.

Sorry you have to go to a funeral.

If you have a dark coloured suit that would be fine. You don't have to dress head to toe in black so if you wanted to wear a white shirt it wouldn't be offensive

I think it is very important to dress in an appropriate and respectful manner. To me that means skirt or dress in black preferably. For some crazy reason I remember those who were not dressed properly for my father's funeral and I really foundn it offensive...no bright colors and no sandals. I usually wear a black dress that has a matching black blazer/jacket that I can remove.