What should i use for matte leather?

etalb1111

Aug 6, 2007
hi all
just trawled through the careing for your be's thread and very confused!!! Could you help? What can i put on matte taupe bag - its been sprayed to protect - but what can i use to shine it up a bit - and on lighter bits? many thanks for your help - pref something thats available in UK:biggrin:

Well, the name of the leather suggests that it is matte and not shiny, BUT with wear it will get a nice sheen..
But did you treat the bag with a lotion prior to the sealer? If not, then depending how long your sealer works, the leather will benefit from a lotion just to become a bit softer.

The only matte bag I have, where I use a spray after the lotion is the Old Tan. I find that it needs to be used a lot before it draws out the natural oils..and I only spray very lightly..like a whisper, because I like it to become "fatty" naturally ..i.e with wear.

I also found the Taupe not to take a very long time to get a nice sheen, so use it ! ;)

There's a lovely picture somewhere here where you can see a Taupe WTM (?) with a gorgeous sheen.

thanks Bonnie - i treated the bag with spray about three months ago when i first got it. been using it quite a bit - i will try a lotion - or cream - can you recommend a brand?

Clarks Premium Leather Cream? Haven't used it yet on my SMM in Taupe Grey but when I need to, I will. Made my IY Tote in Petrol come up a treat (but that's a sheen/glossy) but I'm planning to definitely use it on the Taupe Grey at some point:smile:.