What should I spend my gift cards on!?!?!?!?

Nov 15, 2007
So here is the dilemma: I have a $400 GC from Saks handbag event and a $150 GC from Saks shoe event. Now the question is what to spend the $550 on, so I need some advice!

Here are my options:

1) A Chanel wallet. I don't have one and there is lovely one in black that just came out and retails for $750. I'm not sure what the name of it is, but my SA showed it to me yesterday when I picked up my presale.

2) Chanel timeless clutch in black lambskin or caviar. I think this is a beautiful, ladylike piece, I am just not sure how much I would use it since I use my 2.55 bag for going out because I like having my hands free.

3) A Chanel necklace. I don't have one yet and I really want one, but there weren't any at Saks that I liked. So I would have to wait and home something I like comes out.

4) I think I can use the CG on Louis Vuitton, and have been considering the Speedy 30 which is $650 or the Keepall 50 0r 55 which retail for about $950.

5) My other option is to wait a little bit to see if another bag I like comes out, but I don't want to wait too long for fear of the price increases.

I already own the black 2.55 in black caviar and the accordian flap in black caviar, a pair of sunnies, and 3 pairs of earrings. What do you all think?

Ooo... I would either get the wallet or keep them until something else comes out that you really want. Either way, you should get something you're going to use! Even with the couple hundred extra dollars you will be spending in addition to your EGC's, that's still too much to spend on something you will only use rarely.

I'd check the expiration date and then save them until you find something you really want. It doesn't sound that there is anything you're dying to have just yet.

I personally would probably end up putting it towards clothing right now.

I think I am leaning towards either the Chanel wallet or the LV...I reall want a Chanel wallet to go with my bags, but I have a zip around Coach wallet right now that I love so not sure if I should get the wallet to save for a later time or not. Also, sometimes it still kills me to buy a wallet that is the same price (or more) as a bag...in this case, the LV Speedy 30. I just feel like this is a classic bag to add to my collection, I have always liked it. Or since I have the gift cards (and it will be a while before I get more) should I get the LV Keepall for traveling? I hate making decisions!!

Not totally sure if I can use the gift cards on LV though.

mmm, something for me? :smartass:

just kidding... i think u should spend it on the speedy just because it is near impossible to get a discount on LV and it's a great bag to throw around.