What should I leave for feedback?

Nyria

Diggin TPF
O.G.
Aug 20, 2006
This isn't an ebay transaction but rather etsy.com -- but it's the same thing and would be the same with ebay so I hope I can post it here.

Sorry - this is loooong.
I ordered a bunch of stuff from one etys seller (3 shirts and 4 towels totaling $160). They arrived today and are exactly as I pictured - nice =)

But here are the problems:
I ordered this on NOVEMBER 24th!!!! It was supposed to be a Christmas gift.
I contacted the seller many times in Dec - she said it was coming (shipping in Dec. to Canada was crazy slow so I didn't have a problem with that).
Aftre Jan I emailed her and said 'It's not here - you need to send replacements'
So on Jan. 15 she finally mailed more out.

Now - I understand things get lost in the mail - it has happened to me.

BUT - she NEVER once apologized. Never said 'I am so sorry this happened.' Never offered me any sort of reimbursment or even as much as a 10% off a future purchase coupon.

This blows my mind.

Also - when it came, the towels were all folded weird - so now I have to iron them and refold so the pictures show, and they were just thrown in a big envelope - no tissue or anything. So - when the envelope broke in shipping (Canada post taped it back up) the puffy stuff from the envelope got all over everything. Again - not her fault.... but for $150 maybe you could put it in some tissue paper?

ANYHOO - what do I leave for feedback?
(for those not familiar with etsy it's the same as ebay -- except you have more lines to write comments)

This isn't an ebay transaction but rather etsy.com -- but it's the same thing and would be the same with ebay so I hope I can post it here.

Sorry - this is loooong.
I ordered a bunch of stuff from one etys seller (3 shirts and 4 towels totaling $160). They arrived today and are exactly as I pictured - nice =)

But here are the problems:
I ordered this on NOVEMBER 24th!!!! It was supposed to be a Christmas gift.
I contacted the seller many times in Dec - she said it was coming (shipping in Dec. to Canada was crazy slow so I didn't have a problem with that).
Aftre Jan I emailed her and said 'It's not here - you need to send replacements'
So on Jan. 15 she finally mailed more out.

Now - I understand things get lost in the mail - it has happened to me.

BUT - she NEVER once apologized. Never said 'I am so sorry this happened.' Never offered me any sort of reimbursment or even as much as a 10% off a future purchase coupon.

This blows my mind.

Also - when it came, the towels were all folded weird - so now I have to iron them and refold so the pictures show, and they were just thrown in a big envelope - no tissue or anything. So - when the envelope broke in shipping (Canada post taped it back up) the puffy stuff from the envelope got all over everything. Again - not her fault.... but for $150 maybe you could put it in some tissue paper?

ANYHOO - what do I leave for feedback?
(for those not familiar with etsy it's the same as ebay -- except you have more lines to write comments)

I always ask myself...
Was it a positive experience for me? Was it neither positive nor Negative?
Or was it a negative experience that caused you stress and you feel compelled to tell other potential buyers about it?
IMO this seller does not deserve a positive.

I always ask myself...
Was it a positive experience for me? Was it neither positive nor Negative?
Or was it a negative experience that caused you stress and you feel compelled to tell other potential buyers about it?
IMO this seller does not deserve a positive.

That's exactly how I feel.

I just feel bad beause they are nice items ... but the whole experience was negative.

Perhaps, since I am leaving FB for more than one item, I can put pos for some and neg for others?

That's exactly how I feel.

I just feel bad beause they are nice items ... but the whole experience was negative.

Perhaps, since I am leaving FB for more than one item, I can put pos for some and neg for others?

I'm not familiar with Esty but if it were the bay I would put

No communication from seller, took 2 months to arrive, Nice items but not worth the wait, AVOID.

I've had this sort of thing happen before and I always kick myself for not ordering it direct or going to the store myself.:heart:

I sell on ETSY and most sellers are willing to go the extra mile to help out a buyer. I've had two international shipments get lost before, and refunded immediately with apologies (I sell vintage, so no chance of re-sending anything). This sounds like the seller was only sort of helpful and only after she was forced.

If you're sure the delays/damage were ENTIRELY the fault of customs/the post, I would leave neutral and leave a comment that mentions the sellers unwillingness to help.

If you think the delays are also partly the seller's fault, and damage was due to poor packing, I would leave negative and leave a comment explaining why.