What should I leave for feedback?

1. Hi! We are running a fun little TPF community giveaway to win a new Polene bag! Head over to this thread to enter. Good luck!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. This isn't an ebay transaction but rather etsy.com -- but it's the same thing and would be the same with ebay so I hope I can post it here.

Sorry - this is loooong.
    I ordered a bunch of stuff from one etys seller (3 shirts and 4 towels totaling $160). They arrived today and are exactly as I pictured - nice =)

But here are the problems:
    I ordered this on NOVEMBER 24th!!!! It was supposed to be a Christmas gift.
    I contacted the seller many times in Dec - she said it was coming (shipping in Dec. to Canada was crazy slow so I didn't have a problem with that).
    Aftre Jan I emailed her and said 'It's not here - you need to send replacements'
    So on Jan. 15 she finally mailed more out.

Now - I understand things get lost in the mail - it has happened to me.

BUT - she NEVER once apologized. Never said 'I am so sorry this happened.' Never offered me any sort of reimbursment or even as much as a 10% off a future purchase coupon.

This blows my mind.

Also - when it came, the towels were all folded weird - so now I have to iron them and refold so the pictures show, and they were just thrown in a big envelope - no tissue or anything. So - when the envelope broke in shipping (Canada post taped it back up) the puffy stuff from the envelope got all over everything. Again - not her fault.... but for $150 maybe you could put it in some tissue paper?

ANYHOO - what do I leave for feedback?
    (for those not familiar with etsy it's the same as ebay -- except you have more lines to write comments)

2. I always ask myself...
    Was it a positive experience for me? Was it neither positive nor Negative?
    Or was it a negative experience that caused you stress and you feel compelled to tell other potential buyers about it?
    IMO this seller does not deserve a positive.

3. That's exactly how I feel.

I just feel bad beause they are nice items ... but the whole experience was negative.

Perhaps, since I am leaving FB for more than one item, I can put pos for some and neg for others?

4. I'm not familiar with Esty but if it were the bay I would put

No communication from seller, took 2 months to arrive, Nice items but not worth the wait, AVOID.

I've had this sort of thing happen before and I always kick myself for not ordering it direct or going to the store myself.:heart:

5. I sell on ETSY and most sellers are willing to go the extra mile to help out a buyer. I've had two international shipments get lost before, and refunded immediately with apologies (I sell vintage, so no chance of re-sending anything). This sounds like the seller was only sort of helpful and only after she was forced.

If you're sure the delays/damage were ENTIRELY the fault of customs/the post, I would leave neutral and leave a comment that mentions the sellers unwillingness to help.

If you think the delays are also partly the seller's fault, and damage was due to poor packing, I would leave negative and leave a comment explaining why.