What should I get?

megbb

MegBB
Jul 18, 2010
Recently I saw Rebecca Minkoff bag online and can't believe I've been missing out on this beautiful bag. I'm debating to get a MAM or Nikki or Nikki mini as my first RM. Any suggestion?

I'm only 5'2" and afraid Nikki mini will be too small. what you you think?

More deciding factors: Do you like having an outside pocket? Do you prefer a zip or button closure? If you prefer a shoulder bag, you'll have to look into a color for a MAM where a shoulder strap is available, if it doesn't include one already.

The Nikki slouches nicely, and many of our petite Minkettes have found that the size is not too overwhelming when worn. But if you don't carry much anyways, the mini might be a better choice.

MAM all the way!:tup: I am 5'1 105 pounds and this is the perfect bag for me. I buy my mom Nikki's because I love the way they look. Not on me though, they look huge on me. Although other shorties can pull it off. But my vote is MAM.

Last edited:
I 2nd the MAM! I'm 4'10.5" and while I love how glamorous and beautifully the full size Nikki drapes, it's just too big for me. The MAM is the perfect size for me - I went from having a Nikki, mini Nikkis, MACs, Matinee, Mini Matinee, but once I got a MAM, I sold them all and now I have 3 MAMs.

I agree, the MAM is a great size! I never knew how awesome it was until I gave mine up :sad: I have a MAB now, and while I love it, I'm itching to get a MAM.

Thank you everybody. I went to SF Bloomingdales hoping to try a Nikki on but they don't even have this style. Anyway, I have pre-order a MAM from Luna Boston now. :smile: I'm so happy of my decision. I can't wait to get it.

Smoore, I'm so jealous of your RM collection. They are BEAUTIFUL!!!

One last question, does all the Nikki slouches or it depends on the leather? I've seem lots of Nikkis photos on TPF and some looks stiff and some are very slouch.

Which MAM did you preorder?

It depends on the leather on how much slouch the Nikki has especially at the beginning when they are new. Haze leathers and the embossed leathers seem to be more stiff. All leathers break in over time sone just take more time.