What should I get next?

I'm getting used to accessing the Kelly, but I understand that it can be a little tricky. I always find Evelyne too casual and not sure if I will ever get used to the die cut h perforation. If I ever bought an Evelyne, I will certainly let it go before I hit 45.

Sounds like you have an excuse to try on the Halzan. It may be a perfect median road for you.
I wear my Evelyne the way Hermès intended, with the perforations against the body. I think it looks much better that way.

I wear my Evelyne the way Hermès intended, with the perforations against the body. I think it looks much better that way.

No offense to the Evelyne lovers, but I still think it's too casual for my lifestyle even with the perforations inward. To be hand free, I use my Jypsiere 31. It has the right amount of casualness for me and the hardware is allegiant. I tuck the flap inside and buckle up the straps. All the hardware pieces are showing. I have no problem accessing the bag.

Now, I'm secretly cheering for the Jypsiere.

I find it's also a lot easier to get into that outside pocket when I wear it that way, which makes it the perfect spot for my cell phone.
Exactly! That pocket holds the things you need to grab fast, which is a feature lacking in too many Hermès bags. My phone and keys go in there and everything else in the body of the Evy. I didn't want an Evelyne because of the logo, but now neither I nor anybody else sees it, and I suppose it is a cute homage to the origin of the bag :shrugs:

I'm deciding between a Kelly in 28 or an Evelyne PM.
I have a Kelly in sellier box 28, but I hardly ever use it. I only use it when I go to events or to the theatre with my hubby.
I love the look of the Kelly, but find myself getting frustrated easily with the straps and turnlock.
I've heard that the Kelly in a softer leather is easier to get into.. Should I give it another try?
I've tried on the Evelyne, and loved how open it was, and the exterior pocket!
Which should I get first?
Also, if I get a Kelly, it won't be for months because I want to place a SO.
From what I've heard from my SA, it seems it's done at certain times of the year?

I have a kelly 28 in sellier and Kelly 32 in clemence. The 28 sellier's space is small and its so hard for me to open and close the kelly. Comparison with the kelly 32 clemence, it is easier to open and close but after awhile I found it not so practical as well because of the opening and closing lock. Therefore, I prefer a Birkin rather than a Kelly better. Maybe you want to consider having a birkin in 30 rather than another Kelly. Just a suggestion! :smile: Good luck.

I have a kelly 28 in sellier and Kelly 32 in clemence. The 28 sellier's space is small and its so hard for me to open and close the kelly. Comparison with the kelly 32 clemence, it is easier to open and close but after awhile I found it not so practical as well because of the opening and closing lock. Therefore, I prefer a Birkin rather than a Kelly better. Maybe you want to consider having a birkin in 30 rather than another Kelly. Just a suggestion! :smile: Good luck.

Thank you for this suggestion, very helpful! I do love Birkins for how open they are - just grab and go. You ladies are giving me lots to think about! To the other poster, while I love Jypsieres on others, I think I'd find Evelynes a lot easier to use, messenger style(due to Jypsiere's big flap and hardware.) And the perforated H doesn't really bother me.

i have a sellier box kelly 28 (Rouge H) and an evelyne gm3 (prune). I'd love to get another kelly in a softer leather in retourne even if it's in a 28.

the halzan is on my radar too instead of another evelyne.

good luck deciding!

As usual, QF, you and I are on the same page! ;)

I find it's also a lot easier to get into that outside pocket when I wear it that way, which makes it the perfect spot for my cell phone.

I use my Evie this way as well -- the outside pocket kind of sealed the deal for me when I bought mine.

Thank you for this suggestion, very helpful! I do love Birkins for how open they are - just grab and go. You ladies are giving me lots to think about! To the other poster, while I love Jypsieres on others, I think I'd find Evelynes a lot easier to use, messenger style(due to Jypsiere's big flap and hardware.) And the perforated H doesn't really bother me.

I think your instincts on the Jypsiere are right. If the flap and straps on the Kelly drive you nuts, it's probably going to be the same for the Jypsy. Re. the Birkin, the lack of a shoulder strap is a deal-killer for me on this bag. I'd rather deal with the Kelly turnlock and have a strap than have an open bag with no strap. It all depends on what works for you.

I like the suggestion others made to get the Evelyne now and maybe get another Kelly later. If/when you do get the Kelly, try a 32 retourne -- that may make all the difference in the world. :biggrin:

As usual, QF, you and I are on the same page! ;)

I use my Evie this way as well -- the outside pocket kind of sealed the deal for me when I bought mine.

I think your instincts on the Jypsiere are right. If the flap and straps on the Kelly drive you nuts, it's probably going to be the same for the Jypsy. Re. the Birkin, the lack of a shoulder strap is a deal-killer for me on this bag. I'd rather deal with the Kelly turnlock and have a strap than have an open bag with no strap. It all depends on what works for you.

I like the suggestion others made to get the Evelyne now and maybe get another Kelly later. If/when you do get the Kelly, try a 32 retourne -- that may make all the difference in the world. :biggrin:

With my B35, I never use the turnlock and keep the bag open. But if I don't close it fully with the Kelly, I feel like I'm putting stress on the bag. However, I agree that the shoulder strap is a great option! Thank you very much for your input!

I guess this is another thing for me to think about as well - I just got my first Lindy, and was surprised to find how much I love it. I love it the most out of my H bags. Should I consider buying another Lindy rather than trying to make a Kelly fit into my everyday life? The Lindy fits in my life so effortlessly, but I guess my thinking was.. Well, Lindy only costs a little less than a Kelly, so might as well just aim for a K(just in case I may like it later in my life). This is probably not the right thinking, but can't help but think it lol.

I guess this is another thing for me to think about as well - I just got my first Lindy, and was surprised to find how much I love it. I love it the most out of my H bags. Should I consider buying another Lindy rather than trying to make a Kelly fit into my everyday life? The Lindy fits in my life so effortlessly, but I guess my thinking was.. Well, Lindy only costs a little less than a Kelly, so might as well just aim for a K(just in case I may like it later in my life). This is probably not the right thinking, but can't help but think it lol.

I understand what you're saying, but if you love your Lindy and know you'll use another, then you should go that route. Don't buy anything because you might love it later. Especially at these prices -- get what you will USE! :biggrin: