What should I get in Paris? Based on what I have

Great collection you have there transcendent1. I love LOEWE also and have one of those amazonia bags as well.

Funny thing is, I have been having the same question as you. I'm going to France too next year (I know, still a long time) and am wondering on what to get next. It won't be my first H though. Having said that, I know how exciting it is to begin planning getting your 1st H! I was in France last year and scored 2 birkins. Lemme just say that as a walk in customer, especially in the mothership, you don't get to choose the leather/color/hardware. It's more like this is what we have, take it or leave it. This applies to birkins especially. I think it's more relaxed with kellys and the other styles. I saw a few kellys available when I was there. Of course, this prolly doesnt applies if you have a great relationship with a SA at the mothership. I only said what's based on my personal experience last year.

Smaller cities in France seem to have a more relax atmosphere. I was shown 2 birkins at the Lyon store, and 1 was an ostrich. Don't go to Dijon though, the store is small and has almost nothing.

I also wanted a boxcalf leather birkin last year but was shown only clemence ones (and the ostrich one). Perhaps this or next year can be different.

I dunno about crocs, but thought I share some of my experiences with you. I came to Paris full of wanting this leather with this hardware, all this and that, and I had to swallow everything when I was shown only 1 chartreuse birkin in clemence leather (I did take it though :graucho:). And the SA said, "well, this is the only 1 we have at the moment" *gulp*.. I knew he lied but what can I say? :shame: Although I would love to stick a knife on his throat and demanded that he show me more birkins! :P

Great collection you have there transcendent1. I love LOEWE also and have one of those amazonia bags as well.

Funny thing is, I have been having the same question as you. I'm going to France too next year (I know, still a long time) and am wondering on what to get next. It won't be my first H though. Having said that, I know how exciting it is to begin planning getting your 1st H! I was in France last year and scored 2 birkins. Lemme just say that as a walk in customer, especially in the mothership, you don't get to choose the leather/color/hardware. It's more like this is what we have, take it or leave it. This applies to birkins especially. I think it's more relaxed with kellys and the other styles. I saw a few kellys available when I was there. Of course, this prolly doesnt applies if you have a great relationship with a SA at the mothership. I only said what's based on my personal experience last year.

Smaller cities in France seem to have a more relax atmosphere. I was shown 2 birkins at the Lyon store, and 1 was an ostrich. Don't go to Dijon though, the store is small and has almost nothing.

I also wanted a boxcalf leather birkin last year but was shown only clemence ones (and the ostrich one). Perhaps this or next year can be different.

I dunno about crocs, but thought I share some of my experiences with you. I came to Paris full of wanting this leather with this hardware, all this and that, and I had to swallow everything when I was shown only 1 chartreuse birkin in clemence leather (I did take it though :graucho:). And the SA said, "well, this is the only 1 we have at the moment" *gulp*.. I knew he lied but what can I say? :shame: Although I would love to stick a knife on his throat and demanded that he show me more birkins! :P

Does it help if you speak French? :sweatdrop: