What should I get for my FIRST Chanel purchase?

care_73

Jul 1, 2014
So I'm going to purchase my first Chanel on Monday and I don't know what to get. Deciding between the classic flap, WOC, or GST all with black caviar leather & SHW. Any input or opions would be much appreciated! :biggrin::biggrin:

What do you think you'll get most use out of? Do u use big bags more? If so the GST is a good choice.

I think WOCs are really pretty and look great with lots of different outfits, but personally I can't get away with carrying so little around. Think about your lifestyle & the styles of bags you currently use.

Have you tried any on? That's always helpful, you may get to the store, try a few things and one bag in particular might make your heart sing. Have fun! And don't forget to do a reveal!

What do you think you'll get most use out of? Do u use big bags more? If so the GST is a good choice.

I think WOCs are really pretty and look great with lots of different outfits, but personally I can't get away with carrying so little around. Think about your lifestyle & the styles of bags you currently use.

Have you tried any on? That's always helpful, you may get to the store, try a few things and one bag in particular might make your heart sing. Have fun! And don't forget to do a reveal!
Thanks I have tried them all on but am still unsure . I feel like with the GST u get the most "bang for your buck" but love the chain on the smaller bags...

I would get a classic flap for your first chanel handbag as the prices just keep going up and up. Especially if you are going to buy one eventually for your collection. Even though the other two bags will also go up in price, the dollar increase in price will not be as much as the classic flap.

So I'm going to purchase my first Chanel on Monday and I don't know what to get. Deciding between the classic flap, WOC, or GST all with black caviar leather & SHW. Any input or opions would be much appreciated! :biggrin::biggrin:

I would definitely get the GST for your first Chanel!! I recently purchased the Cerf tote, GST and classic jumbo flap and I will say that I've been using the GST the most. The jumbo is gorgeous, but it's much smaller than I thought and doesn't hold nearly as much as the GST. the cerf tote is great too, but the strap isn't as comfortable as the GST. Also, there is an alleged price increase coming for the GST, so I would definitely buy it while the price is affordable:smile:

i would get a classic flap for your first chanel handbag as the prices just keep going up and up. Especially if you are going to buy one eventually for your collection. Even though the other two bags will also go up in price, the dollar increase in price will not be as much as the classic flap.

+1;)

It does depend on what you will use it for the most but I will say the classic flap in jumbo size as a first Chanel. But if you carry a lot, then the GST. But the WOC is very small though it's an awesome bag for errands.

GST feels like it's more worth the money :smile: I'm a big bag user so my vote goes to GST, but it can get heavy with ur stuffs put in as the leather bag itself holds some weight. I just bought a WOC and I use it for weekends where I don't need to take so many stuffs out considering I need to bring out two kids and a longchamp sling baby bag.

I have the GST, jumbo and Maxi flaps. I agree with those that say you may get a bigger bang for the buck and/or usgae with the GST. I just find that I love the look of the classic flaps with almost everything I wear from casual flip-flop outfits to my dressy outfits. I never reach for the GST for dressy times...I can't wait to see what you get- very excited for your first time purchase!

These are all very different bags. As many have mentioned, get the bag you think you'll use the most. For the price of a classic flap, couldn't you get both the gst and WOC?

Are all these bags even available to purchase tomorrow? If so, wow! Usually never easy to find when you actually want to buy it!