What should I do?

Binks

Feb 11, 2013
Hello, another problem has occurred for me :blah:
After that little incident with the feedback i mentioned that one of my buyers has not received an item and she has now opened a case- her preference is a refund. She and I did not know what to do about the lost package (I sent 5 out all together and only one has got received a few days ago). I have message the other buyers to notify them I am aware of what is going on and to hang on whilst I see what action to take. I have found out royal mail u.k offers compensation if the item doesn't arrive within 15 days (I sent it out 2nd class). That will be on Tuesday.

How would I claim and what is the process in the u.k for compensation, also none of the other buyers haven't messaged me so i'm not sure what will happen there. I'm already getting a bit stressed and it's leaving me a bad taste in my mouth about e bay and postage.

Any advice on what I should do next? :shrugs:

You can only claim back what you insured the packages for. Maybe there is also some small amount that you get per package if they get lost even if you haven´t insured them. I am not sure and hopefully some people from the UK will be able to give you more info.

Good luck to you!

Hello, another problem has occurred for me :blah:
After that little incident with the feedback i mentioned that one of my buyers has not received an item and she has now opened a case- her preference is a refund. She and I did not know what to do about the lost package (I sent 5 out all together and only one has got received a few days ago). I have message the other buyers to notify them I am aware of what is going on and to hang on whilst I see what action to take. I have found out royal mail u.k offers compensation if the item doesn't arrive within 15 days (I sent it out 2nd class). That will be on Tuesday.

How would I claim and what is the process in the u.k for compensation, also none of the other buyers haven't messaged me so i'm not sure what will happen there. I'm already getting a bit stressed and it's leaving me a bad taste in my mouth about e bay and postage.

Any advice on what I should do next? :shrugs:

Once 15 days have passed you can start the claim process with the Royal Mail, go on their website and print off the form. You'll also need to print out the eBay auction page and PayPal transaction, Royal Mail will then investigate & send you a cheque if the decide they were at fault. It's a slow process but they will give you the money or equivalent in stamps!

Did you use a delivery confirmation service? In the US if you print your shipping label out through Ebay/Paypal a tracking number is automatically generated. If the item including postage is $250 or over separate Signature Confirmation must be purchased. Ebay/PP requires a seller have online viewable proof of delivery. I have no idea if it is the same in the UK.
Did you insure any of the packages?

nm----I see that you must have tracking of some sort if you know enough to contact the buyers about their packages

Once 15 days have passed you can start the claim process with the Royal Mail, go on their website and print off the form. You'll also need to print out the eBay auction page and PayPal transaction, Royal Mail will then investigate & send you a cheque if the decide they were at fault. It's a slow process but they will give you the money or equivalent in stamps!

This is a good place to start.... hope that you will be able to
receive some type of re-imbursement

Did you use a delivery confirmation service? In the US if you print your shipping label out through Ebay/Paypal a tracking number is automatically generated. If the item including postage is $250 or over separate Signature Confirmation must be purchased. Ebay/PP requires a seller have online viewable proof of delivery. I have no idea if it is the same in the UK.
Did you insure any of the packages?

nm----I see that you must have tracking of some sort if you know enough to contact the buyers about their packages
I don't have the tracking but since no feedback was left i thought maybe the packages were not delivered. For 4 people not to leave feedback and have high ratings surely they have not yet received them?

Yes I think you can get a form from the post office. You will be reimbursed but only up to the value of £46 without having insurance. I have successfully claimed for lost items twice without having insured the item.

Yes I think you can get a form from the post office. You will be reimbursed but only up to the value of £46 without having insurance. I have successfully claimed for lost items twice without having insured the item.
The items are all under £46 each :smile: Thank you for your help

Thanks! Can i get the form at the post office? or do i have to print

You can print it from the website or get a copy at the PO. You will need one form for each missing item. Just because the buyer hasn't left feedback, I wouldn't assume all your parcels are lost though. Loss is after 15 working days, not 15 days. They take about 4 to 6 weeks to settle claims so you will need to refund your buyer(s) prior to receiving any refund from Royal Mail yourself.

You might want to consider using Recorded Delivery services in future.

You can print it from the website or get a copy at the PO. You will need one form for each missing item. Just because the buyer hasn't left feedback, I wouldn't assume all your parcels are lost though. Loss is after 15 working days, not 15 days. They take about 4 to 6 weeks to settle claims so you will need to refund your buyer(s) prior to receiving any refund from Royal Mail yourself.

You might want to consider using Recorded Delivery services in future.
Yes, i think that would be a good idea. Because most of these aren't really that valuable (£10-£30 each item) I didn't think that was necessary.

I did get a response and the buyer has agreed to wait.

Oh dear.

Without tracking you have no way of knowing if the packages were received or not. The buyers could have them, but just not left feed back immediately. This is why I never contact a buyer about a potential problem such as this. If there is an issue i am sure I will be hearing about it soon enough.
I do hope that this works out for you.

Oh dear.

Without tracking you have no way of knowing if the packages were received or not. The buyers could have them, but just not left feed back immediately. This is why I never contact a buyer about a potential problem such as this. If there is an issue i am sure I will be hearing about it soon enough.
I do hope that this works out for you.
Thank you, i just realised really! Luckily in the message i just said your packages should arrive soon and didn't really spark up a potential problem. Thank you for your help :smile: Luckily this did not happen to the louboutins i sold i would of been in pieces! But i had tracking on them

To be honest i usually use the post office near my house and everything goes perfectly but using this one by my grandparents business (not a good area) something is a bit fishy.