What should I do?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. #1 Sep 28, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2010
    I cannot believe this. I sold a brand new pair of CL shoes that I had listed as two different sizes on ebay last week. The winning bidder was so rude. After she paid she emailed me asking if I could mark the customs form to $20.00 when she won the shoes for $200.00 and mark them as a gift. I emailed her back and told her I cannot lie, since that is illegal and that I can just refund her if she doesn't agree to that. I also emailed her through ebay messages reminding her that the shoes are two different sizes and told her that I just wanted to make sure she was aware. I told her that if she wasn't aware or did not want them I could refund her. She sent a email back stating that she doesn't want to cancel the transaction and to just ship the shoes to her, but do not use UPS, because she will be charged more. So I bent over backwards for her and shipped the shoes the same day via Express Mail and even marked them as a gift for her, to try to help her out. She got the shoes yesterday and sent me an email saying she is very upset and she said she thought I was selling two pairs of CL shoes for $200 and not two different sizes. First of all two pairs of CL shoes would be $1,200 not $200!!!She said to get back to her ASAP!!! And that she wants to return the shoes. I emailed her back and told her I'm sorry she is not happy with the shoes, but it was noted in my auction that they were two different sizes and I had emailed her to make sure she was aware they were two different sizes. I told her she can ship them back and I will refund her. I then called ebay and they told me I do not have to take the shoes back and she is wrong. It's clearly stated in my auction that they are two different sizes, plus I emailed her to confirm this. They also saw that she asked me to lie on the customs form. I have not heard back from her and I'm angry now. I would rather not take the shoes back and ebay says they will close the case in my favor anyway. Any advice?

2. sorry I can't give you advice, but I just wanna say I support you - the buyer is definitely the guilty party here, you did nothing wrong. she should have read the auction carefully and ask questions BEFORE buying.

3. #3 Sep 28, 2010
    Ana, thank you for your support. I could not sleep at all last night, because I'm very upset about this. I'm mad that this lady asked me to lie and now has decided that she doesn't like the shoes. I think I will call Paypal when they open to get their advice. BTW I called both Paypal and ebay when she sent me her pp payment invoice stating to mark the customs form for $20.00 and mark it as a gift. This is illegal and she was wrong to ask me to do that.

4. I think it's your best option - call ebay, they might be able to help you and remove the neg. because your auction was clear plus you have emails to confirm what you said.

as for lying I also ask sellers to do that for me, but I ask before I bid and I never hold it against them if they refuse. some of them are very understanding when it comes to that, some simply refuse and I respect that. I feel bad asking about it but it's the only way for me to get a deal.

5. I also have ebayers email me first before they bid and especially before they pay to see if I can lower the amount on the customs form. And I always email them back that I cannot do that. Most of them still bid and some don't. I'm mad with this lady, because she demanded I do this after she won and put it all in capital letters.

6. I'm pretty sure she'd lose a claim, esp as Ebay have already said she was in the wrong, but I have to ask..how come 2 different sizes ??:smile:

7. I just got off the phone with pp and ebay and they will rule in my favor, since it was clear in the listing. My right foot is bigger than my left foot. :biggrin:

8. So, and I know this isn't quite on topic, you have to buy 2 pairs of shoes each time and then sell on the other 2 shoes ? i'm intrigued !

That's great BTW .

9. Yes, I have to buy two pair of shoes. I hate it.

10. I'm not surprised ! They're a whole size different ? mine are slightly different but then I think most peoples are, not enough to have to buy 2 pairs though. Can't you shave a bit off the bigger foot ?:smile:

11. ^ I can definitely understand your frustration!
    Some buyers just don't read the listings properly and then the blame ends up being put on you.
    It's good that ebay and pp are siding with you, as they should be any ways :biggrin:

12. I had this happen to me with a ring/bracelet. Some PITA kept emailing me thinking she was getting both for the price of the ring. I explained to her 3 X that the prices were seperate and it states this in the listing. She bid on the ring (less expensive) then emailed me AGAIN thinking she was getting both items for the price of the ring. I immediately cancelled her bid.
    You are in the right, OP...people have got to learn how to read if they want to bid on items!!!

13. #13 Sep 28, 2010
    never mind I worded that so wrong oops

14. Yes, each shoe was a different sizes. And I had that noted in the auction.

"Can't you shave a bit off the bigger foot ?" I wish I could just shave a bit off the bigger foot. It would be so much easy and less expensive.:biggrin:

15. sorry pugs , I tried to ask that question in 10 different ways and when I read it back my grammar made no sense to me, sorry!