What should i do?

Mar 3, 2010
Hello everyone. I'm new to tpf and to LV so i need your help with a little dilemma that i've had in the last few days.

I decided that i wanted the Palermo PM as my first LV bag, and i started saving for it about a month ago. I am a full-time student by the way and I don't even have a job, all my money come from the monthly allowance my dad sends me, so saving takes a while. I haven't saved the whole amount for the bag yet but last Tuesday i decided to go try it on because i have actually never tried it and the sudden thought that i've been saving for smth i might not even like when i try it on passed my head.

So i went to the LV store and instead of trying the bag on i ended up buying the Josephine wallet, and i found myself ready to buy an agenda as well.

When i told my sister she told me that if i keep buying accessories; wallets and agendas i'll never get the bag and that I should have a bag first to put my wallet and agenda in.

What do you think? Should i just go and buy the agenda and start over with my bag saving? Or you think i should keep saving for the bag and once i have it buy the agenda afterwards? :confused1:

i'm really confused... pls let me know what you think.

That is the hard part of saving - not getting sidetracked. There is always something to "get in the way" as there are SO many goodies out there. Keep your eyes on the prize and you WILL reach your target. Remember that it will be quicker and easier to save up for smaller things later, too - and - you get to show off and look at the BAG much more than the accessories that actually just HIDE in another bag!!

That is the hard part of saving - not getting sidetracked. There is always something to "get in the way" as there are SO many goodies out there. Keep your eyes on the prize and you WILL reach your target. Remember that it will be quicker and easier to save up for smaller things later, too - and - you get to show off and look at the BAG much more than the accessories that actually just HIDE in another bag!!

you're right. i'll try stay focused from now on, but it's oh so hard!:P Thank you for the advice though, I appreciate it.

I'd just buy bags, I don't really like the SLGs b/c they are so pricey for what they are and they are just going to be inside your purse. I just use no name wallets and makeup bags. They tend to take a beating inside the purse too and get a lot more use since I rotate bags but not the stuff inside, so I'd rather have things I don't feel bad about trashing when they completely wear out or get too dirty.

Keep the wallet and do not go back to the store until you have enough money to get your palermo.
Everytime i go i always want to get something too... It is sooooo hard. But like they mentioned above already, part of saving is being STRONG throught the process and not give in. You will regret it if you do (hence asking us ;) )
Good luck and congrats on your new purchase!!!