What should I do?

I bought a pair of shoes from a seller on Ebay. When I received them they were too big. I decided to re-list them on Ebay, since the listing stated no returns. Since I did not purchase them from the store, I did not want to guarantee they were 100% authentic, which I stated in the auction. I provided pictures of the actual shoes that showed all details. I sold them and the other day I received an email from the buyer stating she wanted a refund because she believes they are fake. She claims that the pictures did not show the actual shoe. I explained to her that in the auction, I stated that I bought these from another seller and that because of that I did not state them as being 100% authentic. I explained that if she had any doubts she should have asked before she placed her bet. She agreed that she should have asked questions about the shoes before placing the bid. I told her that this issue is because of her actions of not asking questions. However, I told her that I would give her a partial refund. She will not accept the refund. What should I do? I do not want to risk getting negative feedback.

If I may ask, what designer brand are we talking about?

If it's something like LV or CHANEL, I'm not sure I would even risk its authenticity.

Is it too late to send them back to the original seller? I mean, if they aren't authentic, then I'm sorry, the original seller should be responsible for them. Unless they were purchased too long ago, but hey, I have seen people on here post threads about a buyer wanting a refund after 2 years.

I guess you just never know.

I agree that she should have asked questions before placing a bid but personally I would ask her to return them & offer a full refund. If you don't she might issue a SNAD and its not worth risking your feedback.

If I may ask, what designer brand are we talking about?

If it's something like LV or CHANEL, I'm not sure I would even risk its authenticity.

Is it too late to send them back to the original seller? I mean, if they aren't authentic, then I'm sorry, the original seller should be responsible for them. Unless they were purchased too long ago, but hey, I have seen people on here post threads about a buyer wanting a refund after 2 years.

I guess you just never know.

they are steve maddens, which is another reason why I do not understand why she believes them to be fake. I did not think they were fake when I received them, it was just the size issue.

Why does this buyer "believe they are fake"?

Did she take them somewhere for authenticating?

If so, it is another issue.

First of all, it's against ebay policy to sell counterfeits whether or not you state in your listing or you don't know.

It's up to the seller to check authenticity before listing.

If you buyer can prove that the shoes are fake, then you have accept her return and refund her. Then go after the seller who originally sold you these shoes.

Even if the original seller does not accept returns, the item was not as described and you can file a claim.

On the other hand, if the buyer cannot prove the shoes are fake, you don't have to accept the return and refund her.

Oh wow. Steve Maddens? Does anybody even bother to counterfeit SM's? I mean, they're not the most expensive shoe brand, so why bother??? Perhaps I'm out of the loop, but why on earth does she think they're counterfeit? Totally weird.

Tell her to take them and have them authenticated. "Believing" them not to be authentic does not make it true. She needs proof. I would be surprised if there were actual counterfeit Madden's out there by the way. Anyway, the burden of proof is on her - not you. Sounds more like buyer's remorse to me. Generally, buyers come up with lame excuses like this with no proof if something doesn't fit or they just don't like it when they get it.

When you list an item it is your responsibility. You cant say they may not be authentic because you bought them on ebay. If the buyer proves they are fake you will have to refund her. Hopefully you can take this up with the person who sold them to you. In future you should always check the item before reselling. I ma talking from experience as it has happened to me too.

if they where louboutins then I could possibly think they could be fake, or if they where a pair of special edition and not so special believe me of NIKE, Reebook, Adidas tennis shoes, then yes, but I don´t think steve maden shoes are counterfeited, they are made in big amounts, and they´re to cheap comparing to more profitable shoes, they´re not worth the money for counterfeiters...... I think is buyers remorse, or probably don´t fit her and instead of listing them and selling them to someone else, prefers to claim them fake....

First it's important to realize that no sale on eBay is final, regardless of what the seller says in their listing. If you paid via Paypal (which all eBay sales now require) all you have to do is return the item with tracking (and sig confirmation if the sales is over $250) so that it is back in the seller's hands within 30 days, file a Paypal claim and when responding to the claim indicate that the item has already been sent back to the seller. You'll get your money refunded. No arguments, no discussion, no negative feedback (eBay doesn't allow sellers to leave negs), done deal. By forcing all sellers to accept Paypal, eBay has also forced all sellers to "accept" returns.

I know that when you purchased the shoes you agreed to the seller's terms that the sale was final; good for you, when the shoes didn't fit and you kept them anyway, you earned your positive feedback, fair and square. Then you re-listed the shoes on eBay and sold them.

Did your listing state that all sales are final? If so, politely tell the buyer this is the case and wait and see if they file a Paypal claim. If they file the claim questioning authenticity, remember it is their responsibility to prove the shoes are fake. I highly doubt that these are, considering this is not a luxury brand.

But, also keep in mind that if you have a savy buyer, they could do as I've indicated above and simply return the shoes to you and file the Paypal claim. If this happens you won't have to issue a refund, Paypal will do it for you, straight out of your Paypal account, no questions asked, no approval on your part required. Again, done deal.