What should I do???

gina8521

May 15, 2007
So yesterday I went to Chanel at Wynn and bought a blue Cotton Club tote that had to be sent to me from another store. I received it today (YIPEE!) and was so excited because this is my 1st Chanel (well, I have a Black GST that I bought last week but it hasnt arrived yet, so technically this is the first one I have received). When I unpacked it I was SO excited, looking over every detail, and then I noticed there was no hologram sticker. So I look around, and there it is, stuck on the tissue paper that was stuffed in the purse. I managed to peel it off and get most of the tissue paper off the sticky back. I placed it on the tab in the bottom, and I guess it looks ok, Im just disappointed because I wanted it to be perfect, you know...
I called Chanel Wynn and they said I can bring it back & order a new one, but that seems like alot of hassel, what do you all think? Here are a couple of pics....

IMG_2764.jpg

IMG_2770.jpg

I hate stuff like that!! :tdown:

I guess the question is - is the hassle more of a hassle than you being able to accept the bag as it is?

My concern would be if the sticky has been touched by paper, etc. It might not stick so well now and one day you might pull something from your bag and there goes your holo without you knowing - never to be found again.

I would send it back and ask them to cover the shipping (which would help ease the hassle - not much money for shipping, I know -but you should not have to pay it) - ask nicely at first but if you need to "get to the point" at this price the bag should be intact and one of the most important aspects was not.

Good luck.:smile:

Gorgeous blue . . . I would keep it if that is the only problem; you got it back on intact, and you know that it's authentic. (Save the tags, invoice, etc. if you think you might sell it down the road if you're really concerned. But if it's a keeper (it would be for me!) I wouldn't worry - it's a beauty :drool:)

Love the bag! I bought the same bag and just got mine yesterday! I love it!
You know they really don't stick those holograms on very well to begin with. I've seen them on crooked and they seem very easy to peel off. I wouldn't worry about it if that's the only problem. It looks you did a great job of getting it back in place!

I would send it back and ask them to cover the shipping (which would help ease the hassle - not much money for shipping, I know -but you should not have to pay it) - ask nicely at first but if you need to "get to the point" at this price the bag should be intact and one of the most important aspects was not.

Good luck.:smile:[/quote]

That does really suck, but I agree with this poster.

Thanks gals. You have no idea how LONG it took me to peel that tissue paper off, being oh so careful as to not to harm the hologram.
I'm leaning towards taking it back, just for the principle and because it is my first bag that I want to be PERFECT!
I think my worry too is that the sticker won't be as sticky as it should be and will come off.

I have to say that those hologram stickers DO come off very easily mine is in place in my bag, but I could easily remove it... and had I not known otherwise, I probably would have.

Anyway, if it's that important to you, send it back and get a new one. I understand wanting it to be perfect.

Take it back - you deserve a fresh bag with no issues! :smile:

Be a Diva - at these prices you are allowed. hehehe.
Seriously, I would - no questions about it.

BTW it is a great color!!