Mansur Gavriel What should I do with my Mansur Gavriel Flamma?

bluegreys

Apr 15, 2013
I bought my lovely Flamma/Flamma mini bucket bag in August. I had wanted a MG bag for many months, I signed up for a waiting list and got my bag. I thought about buying a Black bag, but I found the Flamma to be way livelier and prettier. Also I had three black bags already.

Now, I've had it for three months, and I have used it a few times. I love the bag, it's so bright and red and pretty, as you can see in the picture

So I was greatly surprised to see that leather has peeled of two of the bottom corners. You can see the peeling in the bottom picture.
And I don't like it.

So, if you lovely people can advice me, I would be thrilled.:smile:

Can I take it back to the store and complain?
Can this be fixed, and can I be sure it will not happen again?
Should I return it? (I have fallen a little out of love with it)
Is easiest to just sell it?

Please help a confused and somewhat uncertain baglover :smile:

Attachments

• 2015-11-10 01.05.12.jpg
    2015-11-10 01.05.12.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 740
  • 2015-11-10 01.06.09.jpg
    2015-11-10 01.06.09.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 731
Last edited by a moderator:
This looks like normal wear and tear to me, but I can understand that it bothers you. indiaink provided a good suggestion - condition your bag. especially at the corners. this won't fully remedy the worn corners, but it will certainly improve things. in general, the leather on the MG bags are meant to have a worn and vintage look to them, i.e., they are not meant to look pristine and perfect. not everyone will like this and thus MG bags aren't for everyone.

i think your bag looks really beautiful - great color! - and no one will notice the corners.

I bought my lovely Flamma/Flamma mini bucket bag in August. I had wanted a MG bag for many months, I signed up for a waiting list and got my bag. I thought about buying a Black bag, but I found the Flamma to be way livelier and prettier. Also I had three black bags already.

Now, I've had it for three months, and I have used it a few times. I love the bag, it's so bright and red and pretty, as you can see in the picture

So I was greatly surprised to see that leather has peeled of two of the bottom corners. You can see the peeling in the bottom picture.
And I don't like it.

So, if you lovely people can advice me, I would be thrilled.:smile:

Can I take it back to the store and complain?
Can this be fixed, and can I be sure it will not happen again?
Should I return it? (I have fallen a little out of love with it)
Is easiest to just sell it?

Please help a confused and somewhat uncertain baglover :smile:

This is totally normal. Some red leather cream as well as the conditioner will help smooth over the color variation of the scuffs.

I agree with the above posters - the corners of my own buckets have seen some wear and it doesn't bother me much. Mine are veg tanned leather and the Brandy one in particular is very prone to showing scuffs/scratches, so I apply leather conditioner every couple of weeks and it helps even out the irregularities.

But if you've fallen out of love with the bag, just sell it. I'm sure it'll fetch a decent amount on the resale market, it's beautiful. :smile: