What should I do? SNAD?

TallulahJane

Jan 26, 2009
I purchased a pair of Louboutin boots 2 weeks ago and payed on Oct 20th. I emailed the seller 6 days after payment and asked if she had a tracking number because I had not recieved the shoes. She replied and said she would ship them tomorrow! That angered my quite a bit that a week after payment and she had not even shipped them.

Another week passes and no shoes. I open a dispute with Paypal and she gives them a tracking number that says the shoes had been shipped Nov. 2nd. The day I had opened the dispute!!

Well.....they arrived today and I looked at the soles of the shoes and noticed they looked more worn then the pictures the seller had listed. So I went and looked at the auction listing.Check this out....

Picture from listing:

Talon.jpg

What I received:

_DeviceMemory_home_user_pictures_IM.jpg

Oh and mind you she said these were in "brand new condition." So would you consider this a SNAD? I got an awesome deal on the shoes and I love them, but I am outraged. I almost feel if I ask for a partial refund that I will be stealing the shoes from her since I got such a good deal.

If you truly got an awesome deal (how awesome is awesome if you don't mind my asking?), then you can send them to Leather Spa (used to be Top Service) on W. 55th St. in NYC and they will re-do the red soles (it's one of their specialties.) Looks like your seller wore these a few more times after they sold them to you --or since they took the photos anyway --hence the shipping delay?? If you are truly unhappy, and you do have every right to be, I think you should file a SNAD. It's supposedly easier to file directly with ebay these days.
Did you ask about the partial refund? Tell her you need to have these fixed because they are so worn. I think it costs around $50 to re-do the CL soles at Leather Spa.

I think that you are entitled to be angry in this case because they definitely look more worn now than they did in her pictures. However, if you love them and got them for a great deal and can tolerate it, you should keep them (can't lose by asking for a partial refund, though). She probably wore them a few more times before she finally sent them to you...what a skank!

This is definitely a SNAD. But if you really like them, got a great deal, and want to keep them, I would suggest just asking for a partial refund for the amount it would cost you to get them re-soled by a cobbler.

Oh and mind you she said these were in "brand new condition." So would you consider this a SNAD? I got an awesome deal on the shoes and I love them, but I am outraged. I almost feel if I ask for a partial refund that I will be stealing the shoes from her since I got such a good deal.

How could they be in "brand new condition" with a photo like that (the first one) in the auction?

Just from looking at the soles it's obvious the shoes were misrepresented, so you do have a SNAD. But you while you say you're outraged, you also point out that you love them and that you got an awesome deal, which seems to indicate that you would've bought them at that price anyway even if you had seen the second photo. If that's the case, why even bother with a dispute? But, then again, the seller was out to deceive prospective buyers by posting an old photo of the shoes, when they showed less wear. It's a tough one... I would either return them or ask for a partial, regardless of how much of a deal you got kuz she should've been honest about the shoes' condition.

:smile:

How could they be in "brand new condition" with a photo like that (the first one) in the auction?

Just from looking at the soles it's obvious the shoes were misrepresented, so you do have a SNAD. But you while you say you're outraged, you also point out that you love them and that you got an awesome deal, which seems to indicate that you would've bought them at that price anyway even if you had seen the second photo. If that's the case, why even bother with a dispute? But, then again, the seller was out to deceive prospective buyers by posting an old photo of the shoes, when they showed less wear. It's a tough one... I would either return them or ask for a partial, regardless of how much of a deal you got kuz she should've been honest about the shoes' condition.

:smile:
They don't look like "brand new" condition to me.

If you absolutely love, love them and can't be without them, would ask

for a partial refund or compensation for these shoes. This seller

certainly was not very honest about the condition. Would consider

leaving feedback that would be appropriate for the misrepresentation of

the shoes. Don't let her get off the hook so easy.

Ok I filed a SNAD and stated the amount I wanted for a partial refund. If Paypal sides with me will they give me the partial refund or does the seller have to agree?

Ebay does not force sellers to give partial refunds. The seller would have to agree to do this. And damn, she really got her 2 weeks worth out them, didn't she? I think you should have either returned them for a full refund due to them being SNAD or asked for the shipping charges to be returned to you because it took her so long to ship. And you couldn't have possibly thought these were in "brand new condition" based on that first photo I'm looking at.

Ebay does not force sellers to give partial refunds. The seller would have to agree to do this. And damn, she really got her 2 weeks worth out them, didn't she? I think you should have either returned them for a full refund due to them being SNAD or asked for the shipping charges to be returned to you because it took her so long to ship. And you couldn't have possibly thought these were in "brand new condition" based on that first photo I'm looking at.

The shipping was free so I can't do that. I obviously knew they weren't in "brand new condition", but I figured they were worn very little and she mentioned the exterior and interior were in perfect clean condition.