What should I do? Newbie here!

gjee

O.G.
Jun 16, 2008
Hi everyone! :yahoo:

so instead of studying for my Final tomorrow, I was shopping online! lol i got lucky and snatched a new Large single for $313 on Cusp.com and a used zip clutch with a broken zipper loop. I e-mailed Diego but its taking some time for him to respond so I need your expert opinions!

I called a MJ boutique today and they said the turnaround time to get something repaired right now is 3 months!? :faint: IS THAT RIGHT!? She said it was because they have to ship everything to Italy but I thought Diego just fixes them..?

Does anyone know how much its going to cost to get it fixed and if they have to replace the whole entire zipper? I don't want to go to a local repair place if they're going to replace the zipperhead completely since if I ever decide to resell it, its going to be missing the LAMPO or RIRI underneath..

And lastly, where do they do repair zippers? lol Do leather repair shops do it or just special zipper places? lol I tried searching but I realized I didn't know what to search.. :confused1::Push:

lol thank you so much. =D

Attachments

• IMG_4709.JPG.jpg
    IMG_4709.JPG.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:
hi! when did you e-mail diego? he is very very busy so it may take him at least a few days to get back to you.

if the zip clutch is from the last 18 months, it should be covered and MJ repairs should be able to fix it. however, if it is an older zip clutch, it's probably not covered under their repair policy and you will probably have to have it repaired by another business (there are some recommended repair shops listed in the FAQs thread). i keep saying "should" and "probably" because only MJ repairs will be able to tell you for sure. Please just give them some time to get back to you :heart:

good luck and congrats!!! i got the single too - what a great deal!!! :yahoo:

Hmmm...does the zipper itself still work? If so, I think it's an easy fix if all that needs to happen is for the pull to be re-attached to the zipper. I would first try a leather place and if they can't do it perhaps they can refer you to someone. Good luck!

this is what he wrote:

All repairs are free.

Please send your Zip Clutch to;

WHAT! lol my zip clutch is pretty old. do they have a new policy i'm unaware of? he never asked how old it was either.. =T

more detailed repairs are sent to Italy, but for something like this, it shouldn't take too long & I think he can do it himself - did he send you any kind of form to complete to send back with the ZC? There's usually a work order request that you fill out and send back with the bag - that's how they keep track of what belongs to who

oh but i had no idea it is still free since the warranty is probably over.

if he told you that he could fix it, he will - I've seen bags older than 2 yrs old be sent to Diego for repairs. I wouldn't worry about that - as long as he's already told you to send it to him. I would just confirm it in an email to him - perhaps ask him for a SRO form to complete and send back with the ZC. However it CAN take a while to get it back - even the simplest repairs take time. And if he's back-logged, it will take longer than usual. The SRO form says to allow 4-6 weeks for repairs (I waited 3 months for mine)