What should I add next?

Lcutie0390

Apr 14, 2020
Here’s my small bag collection. I’m thinking of adding some YSL what do you bag lovers suggest I add next? I’m thinking medium envelope in black with gold hardware and possibly a medium Lou in a light tan/nude with gold hardware?! I was thinking an evening bag but with stay at home orders idk if I‘ll need anything like that soon.

E07E9588-BE98-4E1D-B4F8-CD5A53CB6357.jpeg

I would honestly do one black or metallic evening bag and then a nude or taupe Medium LouLou.

You don't really have an evening bag and Shelter in Place won't last forever. One like the Kate bag could be dressed down with trendy outfits. I also really like the Gucci Dionysus mini or the Bottega knot for an evening bag.

Reactions: Lcutie0390
I'll also say this about the Gucci Dionysus super mini evening bags is that they convert into belt bags too. So it's easy to wear them hands-free during SIP and then when an event arises, you have a solid evening bag. Mine is velvet with the crystal clasp and I wear it in the winter with a sweater, skinny jeans, and velvet boots.

I can you see add any YSL styles to your collection. But may I suggest a pop of color? Red? So far you've been pretty conservative in your Louis Vuitton collection in terms of prints, and functionality, but how about a little something different? Red envelope gets my vote.

On the other hand, YSL is good, but with stay at home orders and the changing economic landscape in the future, I don't know (if I were you) that I'd go for something evening related, perhaps there will not be so many opportunities in the future.

Lately, I've been addicted to Goyard totes: St. Louis to be exact. I find it less recognizable than LV, and the lightness of the bag is just heaven, and I love all Goyard colors. Color is FUN.

9c2ba853493efb81aadb87a868abab78.jpg

060c56976fa4ab406240cd50bc12147d.jpg

Goyard-St-Louis-Tote-Special-Colors.jpg

I would honestly do one black or metallic evening bag and then a nude or taupe Medium LouLou.

You don't really have an evening bag and Shelter in Place won't last forever. One like the Kate bag could be dressed down with trendy outfits. I also really like the Gucci Dionysus mini or the Bottega knot for an evening bag.
I agree! I’m thinking a black evening and a lighter colored nude bag for day time like the Lou Lou. Thanks for your advice!

I can you see add any YSL styles to your collection. But may I suggest a pop of color? Red? So far you've been pretty conservative in your Louis Vuitton collection in terms of prints, and functionality, but how about a little something different? Red envelope gets my vote.

On the other hand, YSL is good, but with stay at home orders and the changing economic landscape in the future, I don't know (if I were you) that I'd go for something evening related, perhaps there will not be so many opportunities in the future.

Lately, I've been addicted to Goyard totes: St. Louis to be exact. I find it less recognizable than LV, and the lightness of the bag is just heaven, and I love all Goyard colors. Color is FUN.

View attachment 4781687

View attachment 4781688

View attachment 4781689
The YSL envelope is gorgeous and I really like that style but it is very pretty in red too. I just can’t get on board with the ST Louis. To each their own and I appreciate your input!

The YSL envelope is gorgeous and I really like that style but it is very pretty in red too. I just can't get on board with the ST Louis. To each their own and I appreciate your input!

I have a St. Louis PM, and the quality of Goyard is just horrible. I had wear and tear in the corners of my bags with very gentle use within a few months. Since I bought my bag from the Paris boutique (and it was customized), I had to send it back to France, and they held onto it for like 6+ months. I literally forgot I bought that bag and went out and got a black Vuitton Lumineuse lol because I needed a black tote. Then it showed up with leather corners on the tote, but I've had quality issues since. I take it into a cobbler for repair at my own expense.

• Sad
Reactions: Grande Latte
thats awful I’m so sorry that happened to you. I have heard that about the St. Louis bag a lot. I have also heard about a lot of wear and tear issues on the YSL bags, that’s why I’ve held off as long as I have. They are super gorgeous and I would love to add a couple but I’m worried about the wear and tear and I don't have a ysl boutique near me

thats awful I’m so sorry that happened to you. I have heard that about the St. Louis bag a lot. I have also heard about a lot of wear and tear issues on the YSL bags, that’s why I’ve held off as long as I have. They are super gorgeous and I would love to add a couple but I’m worried about the wear and tear and I don't have a ysl boutique near me

I don’t expect perfection of my bags. Like, I‘m not surprised if a thread comes loose or if there’s cracking where the monogram was painted on. But the wear in the corners was beyond what I’ve seen with other brands.

The leather corners they put on also prevent the bag from being reversible. I think the quality of the coated canvas is much lower than LV, Faure, and Gucci.

Reactions: Lcutie0390
I don’t expect perfection of my bags. Like, I‘m not surprised if a thread comes loose or if there’s cracking where the monogram was painted on. But the wear in the corners was beyond what I’ve seen with other brands.

The leather corners they put on also prevent the bag from being reversible. I think the quality of the coated canvas is much lower than LV, Faure, and Gucci.
I guess I’ll save my money for something else !

Wow I love your collection! Might I suggest the medium college bag in grey or the kate tassel shoulder bag in maybe a fun print or croc-embossed leather?
Thanks I ended up exchanging the Alma PM for the BB so I can wear it out for dinner as well but I think a nice WOC would be cute and a Lou Lou For dressier day wear. I just have heard/read a lot of issues about YSL wearing badly. I don’t want to spend over $2k for a bag that will show wear when my coach and Kate spade show wear after 3 years of being tossed around/ abused even