What should be my first GM?

foxgal

O.G.
Jul 22, 2010
Need your expert advice. I want to get my first GM size scarf, and would like to be able to use it year-round as a scarf, a tunic or even a belted dress. Would a silk dip-dye be best or a cashmere/silk shawl? Which is most multi-use in all seasons? (or am I asking too much?!?):P

You are welcome!What I can say is that after the thread I decided for dip dye but after I went to the hermes boutique of my town I fell in love with a shawl and after this first shawl I bought, the second one came in two weeks time!Shawl are beautiful and warm.You can use in the winter and in the summer.You will be surprise how much you can use them!Here there is a pic of my last shawl that I'm using really a lot:
http://forum.purseblog.com/hermes/hermes-bags-perfect-match-hermes-scarves-shawls-592222-71.html
Hope it helps!:flowers:

I prefer the cashmere ones which I find you can wear year round and especially on planes (it's so cold there!...) So, I bought in July a first large Chanel cashmere shawl, black with 2 offwhite/cream double CC at the bottom of the shawl. But then in August, I discovered the beautiful Hermes cashmere shawls! I just couldnt resist and bought the GM Etriers, CW S06, raisin, coral and brown, thinking that would be it for me for the year. Well, as I was visiting the Hermes store in September, I was shown the GM Les Chevaux Qataris, CW S06 orange/rust, black and khaki. Everyone in the store said it looked gorgeous on me, so I took it!...

During a recent visit at my Hermes boutique, my SA suggested that I try the new GM 2011, the Paperoles in red/orange/pink and the one in blue tones. I was told yesterday they have arrived at the store...I haven't gone today trying to reason myself...(who needs 3 Hermes GM cashmere shawls bought over a 3 month period...:nuts:...) perhaps I should see a psychologist...something happened in my childhood....Kidding apart, I just love them! They are warm and ever so elegant! Good luck!:yahoo:

I admit that I have not read the other posts, but my first GM was a pattern that I fell in love with. It had nothing to do with "need" or my wardrobe. It was want. It was a mistake. I love it, but I cannot really use it, unless I wear it wrapped around my neck.
I waited three years until I found a pattern that was truly flattering -- a busy pattern, no big bulls-eyes patterns, no giant elephants in the middle, nothing white. This is my issue, because of way I really need to war a GM silk/cashmere as a shawl. So I have to slap myself on the wrist and say, "No BBL, a 90, okay, a GM, not so much."

Thanks for all the help and suggestions. Sounds like, despite the earlier thread, people are loving their cashmere/silk shawls.

I agree BBL, I want to find one with a busy pattern so if I wear it as a dress or tunic, I won't have a big blotch on my back :amuse: The black Charmante aux Animaux is my fave right now but I have to see it IRL. And I'm afraid I have an issue with shelling out that much $$$ on a shawl, so have been lurking on eBay for a vintage value. Wish me luck!

Hi Foxgal, I love the cashmere and silk over the giant silk scarf (which I also have) as they seem to drape and stay put a lot better than the silks which slither around a lot. I have the black Charmante aux Animaux and I love the vivid colours against the black background. You have to try them on IRL though if you can to see what suits your colouring/wardrobe.

I have Tohu Bohu in petrol in the GM, but I think the perfect all around GM would be the Kelly en Calèche in the safran/violet colorway -- it would totally rule!:cloud9:

attachment.php

Attachments

• Kelly En Caleche 05.jpg
    Kelly En Caleche 05.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 266