What should a Prada Saffiano Tote feel like (BN1786)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I bought a Saffiano Lux Tote (BN1786) double zip on ebay. The bag was from late 2010. The lady was pleasant to deal with and she said the bag was almost brand new. The reason why she was selling it was that she uses her black saffiano tote more.

I received it yesterday and details about the bag is telling me it’s a fake. So here’s my dilemma. I’ve never touched this style bag in person at the department store so I have really nothing to compare it to. What got me suspicious were the following:

- The front and back panel of the bag was super stiff and it felt like there was a hard material (cardboard like) between the lining and the outer leather to make the bag stiff and hold its shape.
- On the front panel, it looks like the leather is bubbling, as if the leather and the “cardboard” were becoming unglued. It’s subtle but if you pay $$$ for something, you notice these things. See pictures
- On the front and back panel, you can see a bump where it the handle connects to the back.
- There was a hard glue like something on the zipper.
- It came with a soft white dustbag but the one’s I’ve seen here have a silky dark colored material

I contacted the seller and she forwarded me an email from her Prada SA showing her purchase history for the bag….but I’m still uneasy. I’m going to drop by Neimans today to compare the bag. I posted it on the Authenticate This forum but it’s been bothering me all day. What do you guys think? What should I do?

x0sa6a.jpg

I have the exact same bag in black color. But haven't used it yet and it doesn't feel like what you described. Since you have posted it at the authentication forum, lets wait for the experts response. The ladies there are helpful and knowledgeable. Do you have the authenticity card and receipt?

Status
Not open for further replies.