What should a girl's first diamond be?

purly

resident knitting nerd
O.G.
Sep 30, 2006
I've never bought myself a diamond before, but I'm starting to think maybe it's time to treat myself. Obviously a ring is out (save that for the boy of my dreams), but I can't really decide on what I should get? A pair of studs? A necklace? Should it be fashionable?

I was thinking something understated so I could wear it everyday (why wouldn't you want to show it off).

What do you all think?

studs!! Staple to any jewelry box. My family's jeweler is coming this year to US on business, and one of the things I was going to request was some good ole diamond studs.

It depends on what you like. :smile: If you're a necklace girl, get a solitaire. More of an earrings girl? Get studs.

I have both (along with my diamond wedding band) and I wear them all the time, but more so the solitaire necklace because I'm really a big necklace person.

~Ash

I personally get much more use out of necklaces than earrings, but that's because of my personal habits, so it probably depends on your style & tastes. I'd get either a solitaire or something else that is simple. My brothers and I recently got my mom a diamond pendant like the one below. The metal is much less prominant than in the picture and a nice size. So I think there are lots of options out there :smile:

Attachments

• gi_WF-XOP_m.jpg
    gi_WF-XOP_m.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 111
Sounds like studs are the popular vote. I think I'll get some studs. They seem more practical for a beginner.

Thanks!

Buttery, funny you say that because I sort of consider this my first real job. :P

I think I diamond cross is a great idea. I wear mine all the time. I also have the rose pendant from Tiffany's that I wear quite often. Here's a pic of it.
18332663_xl.jpg

Diamond studs or a one diamond pendant are very stylish for any age. Save up and get really, really good-quality diamonds so you'll be proud to wear them for a long time. :smile:

My first diamonds were technically the studs that were bought for me when I got my ears pierced at the age of 3. This past summer, my grandmother went all-out generous and gifted me with a small pavé heart, and I think it's wonderful for someone my age. It's small enough that it's appropriate for a young girl, and it makes a cute "someone loves me!" statement that a younger person can easily get away with.

I wouldn't get a ring. I'm saving that for when I get engaged/married -- make _that_ statement at the right time. :smile:

I would say perhaps a nice pair of diamond studs, i mean you cant go wrong! diamond studs are classics and will never go out of style, the match everything, they dress up things that look casual etc. Or a diamond pendant, is also very classy and will never go out of style!!! tell us what you eventually decide!