What shoes with skinny jean?

snibor

O.G.
Nov 12, 2006
I don't mean jeggings (I have them also)

Besides boots, what kind of shoes do you wear on a regular basis with a skinny jean?

I am a mom and usually out and about so I'm not usually wearing a big heal during the day.

I"m just not sure if a flat looks right since I am only about 5 '4. What do you wear? Pics? Help!

linhhhuynh

always an if in life
May 19, 2010
flats are fine! i think flats are really cute with skinny jeans.

i like boots (which you mentioned), ballet flats, oxfords; if you like the style, or maybe little ankle booties?

snibor

O.G.
Nov 12, 2006
Ok I just wasn't sure if I would look too "stumpy" in flats but I really like the look of a skinny jean now instead of bootcut (although I do still wear it too). IT just seems like skinnies look very neat and cute.

Swanky

Admin
Admin
O.G.
Jan 12, 2006
I wear flats w/ mine on a daily basis, heels look great at night and boots are always great - flat or heeled!

Feb 2, 2006
I struggle with this question all the time. The only shoe that looks good on me when wearing skinnies is boots -- ankle, knee, and over-the-knee. In anything else, I just look very short-legged. (I'm 5'2") I've tried pumps, wedges, heeled sandals, and flats. All look awful on me. Of course, it may not be as bad as I perceive, but in my mind the only thing that looks "right" on me is boots.

snibor

O.G.
Nov 12, 2006
Interesting. I like the idea of a small wedge as an alternative to flat. Never thought of it!

missKAILI

Apr 1, 2010
California
I usually will wear flats or a wedge in the day time. I love wedges because they offer great support and make your legs look super long with sleek skinnies!

snibor

O.G.
Nov 12, 2006
FYI I just went into Neiman Marcus website and pulled up all the skinny jeans to see what shoes they show. They have tons of pics!

love_miu

Oct 30, 2008
I guess it depends on your top as well? Skinny jeans can pretty much go with anything. I wear mine with brogues, loafers, gladiator sandals wedges, ballet flats...