What shocking things did you learn today?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. #1 Sep 21, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2010
    You learn something new every day.

I learned: [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]

There are 31 billion searches on Google every month, in 2006 there were 2.7 billion.

[/FONT]
    [/FONT]Over the last 20 years, sugar consumption in the U.S. has increased from 26 pounds to 135 lbs. of sugar per person per year.

"Mark Twain" was just one of Samuel Clemens pseudonyms. He also wrote as Thomas Jefferson Snodgrass, Rambler, Sergeant Fathom, Sieur Louis de Conte and W. Epaminondas Adrastus Blab.
    ^That's quite a mouthful.

What did you learn today?

2. "Volunteers who received Swedish massage experienced significant decreases in levels of the stress hormone cortisol in blood and saliva, and in arginine vasopressin, a hormone that can lead to increases in cortisol. They also had increases in the number of lymphocytes, white blood cells that are part of the immune system."

I knew I was doing something right with those weekly massages (^(oo)^)v

3. ^^The stuff from the above two posts, and...

A new method for DNA extraction for bacteria.
    More than I ever wanted to know about oil spills.

4. a family friend has broken another bone in his foot & needs to have it pinned...he's going back to the UK on wednesday

5. ^reported

I didn't learn this today, but rather over the weekend...two of my coworkers may be having a relationship that is not work-related.

6. my closest friend is hiding something

7. That beer makes the world go around.....according to the History Channel.

8. I learn about on how many things we pay tax in routine
    its really very shocking for me

9. That Jonathan Knight of New Kids on the Block is gay. Well, not really shocked lol.

10. That you can litter train a hamster :P

11. That I am not the only person who named one of my kids after the main character in my favorite book -- a found a tribute board, and there are *at least* five others!

12. Oh, please share your DNA extraction method!!

Great idea for a thread Cute_classy! I love learning, and seemingly useless things always have a way of becoming useful :P

13. Did you know the human head weighs 8 pounds?
    (Stole that one from Jonathan Lipnicki...):lol:

14. That DHL won't ship perfume samples by air. Samples. Not even a whole bottle.

I'm peeved.

15. my uncle just discovered through some research that one of our relatives came over on the mayflower :shocked: