What season(s) have the best black caviar leather for CF bags?

Pinkachan

Oct 8, 2015
As we all know, quality has gone down a bit the past few years. I'm trying to help my mom find a nice pre-owned black caviar jumbo single flap bag. She has shoulder issues hence wanting a single flap. She purchased one from an online consignment shop but when it arrived, the finish looked nothing like the photos. It was dull and the quilts were flat. It almost looked dark grey. It was returned immediately. Can anyone suggest which seasons had the nicer finishes and puffier quilts?

All seasons have variations, so it's hard to say a certain one is "best". Single Flaps ended in 2010 (around 139xxxxx series). Probably I would say that if you can find an 11 -12 Series 2007 - 2008 in good shape it should have really good caviar. I joined tPF in January 2009 and my first was a 126xxxxx which was fab.

All seasons have variations, so it's hard to say a certain one is "best". Single Flaps ended in 2010 (around 139xxxxx series). Probably I would say that if you can find an 11 -12 Series 2007 - 2008 in good shape it should have really good caviar. I joined tPF in January 2009 and my first was a 126xxxxx which was fab.

Appreciate your feedback! Thank you! :heart: I knew they stopped making the single flaps, but didn't realize it was that long ago. The one she bought & returned was a 10 series.