What sacrifices have you made for your handbags?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. We moved into a new house about 10 yrs. ago and since that time I've been dying for new upholstered living room furniture. We have invested a lot of our savings remodeling the house-new doors, carpet, finished basement, remodeled bathrooms and most recently rebuilt the staircase, replaced all handrails/spindles and completely remodeled the kitchen. So, whenever we finish a project, there never seems to be money leftover in the budget for the little things, like the new living room furniture. Yet, I seem to always find the money for a new handbag.

I just added up the cost of all the bags in my closet that have been purchased since moving into our house: $11,700. It seems I've sacrificed having a nice looking living room for an expensive handbag collection. What have you sacrificed?

2. I really haven't sacraficed anything material,just my free time. When I have a new bag on my mind or in my sights,I work some extra hours to cover most of the cost. Works pretty good for me. As I am getting older it is getting harder. The free time is getting to be more valuable than the $$$$. :yes:

swezfamily - You are so right! There's always seems to be money when I want a new bag.:P

3. I tried long and hard to really think about it, but there always seems to be enough money at the end of the day for a new bag.....but my limit today with this economy is aroud $350 for a bag, and I really like it that way. I probably get 3 or 4 new bags a year.

4. we're buying a house and selling our flat sooo, i guess i'll have to cut own in a month or 2 with buying bags and shoes...I'm limiting myself to 2 bags this year, no impulsive buy (hum...) and only if i have the money saved for that....Hope it works, I just broke my ban TODAY, these sales were too good to be true! yikes!

5. I haven't sacrificed anything. I'm planning a vacation to Japan this coming summer, so I just stop buying handbags (as well as clothes) and set that money aside for my trip.

6. OP, i can soooo relate to you. i should buy funiture for my apartment (moved in almost 2 years) and also less clothes....all my money is in for handbags and shoes

7. I'm such a shopper. Lover of clothes, shoes and designer handbags. And with those many loves, I've racked up so much in credit cards..especially at Nordstroms!! There are so many bags that I still want : LV neverfull (damier), miu miu bow satchel (gray), Gucci suskey tote(beige/off white trim), Gucci hysteria in off white guccissima leather....*sigh*..I don't know when I can get them cause I have my own business now...and having a business is a sacrifice in itself, especially in this economy right now. ..but before this...I sacrificed buying a new car ( mines old..but I can't help it, spend all my money on designers). Sorry I kept blabbing ladies, my bf doesn't understand, but I know you guys would.

8. I sacrificed buying those expensive coffee drinks from Starbucks and Coffee Bean. I used to buy two to three a week, now I limit to only one every so often (like twice a month instead). At least I can enjoy a bag longer than a coffee drink.

9. I've sacrificed a much need bathroom remodel, and a few minor house upgrades.. :blush: I'm seriouly getting my act together this year, there I said it.. I have to follow through now. :smile:

10. I've made a sacrifice by getting a wii system for the entire household instead of buying a handbag.

11. i've sacrificed little or not at all to buy my bags. the only thing i could come up with is maybe buying a bag over shoes and clothes or perhaps not eating out at a nice restaurant that week.

12. Good for you! It's not as pretty, but it will get just as much love!

13. None- no sacrifice ( touchwood):P