what requirements do i need to work at sephora?

luna_nextic

Mar 29, 2010
ok so i send my resume to my local sephora and they called me for an interview
well that would be my dream job. the thing is that i dont know alot about make up, just like the basic, what i use and stuff.
i would really love to get the job but does someone of u know what do they ask on the interview i want to go prepared. do i need to be a make up expert?
omg in really nervous ...

i wish u guys can help me.
thanks

i think that you should have general knowledge of makeup, and the different brands. you should know how to apply it to someone else's face if you have to, I mean, I know a lot of SA's at the Sephora do that and help people especially things where its hard to find a match like foundation & powder.

But I don't think you need to be a genuis or anything about makeup......if you worked at a makeup counter you'd definitely need to know a lot of that stuff, but probably not at Sephora.

Hey,

I'm in the UK so I don't know about Sephora specifically, but I know that over here quite often there aren't any specific requirements to work on Cosmetics counters.
A friend of mine went for an interview for one, and was just asked a bit about different brands and what they thought of them/what they're specialities or target markets were, do they like to keep up to date on latest products etc and how, what are their favourite products and why...

I definitely wouldn't say you need to be a make-up expert but I think having a genuine interest in make up and products would definitely help!

Good luck with your interview!!

honestly, I don't think you need to know much. This just based off of my visits to Sephora, where I feel like I know more about products than the sales associates...

none. based on my visits there, they know as much as i do, or maybe even less. you also do not have to be an expert. i asked one associate how to put on eyeliner and she did not know how.

^^ITA. Just to add, when I was in NY, I went to Sephora and one of the SA's wanted to demonstrate some smokey eye thing on me...when she had finished I literally looked HIDEOUS!! I could see people walking past as she was doing it looking like wtf?! I had to pretend to like it then sneak off to wipe it without her seeing...There was no way she'd had training on it or anything!

i'm going to have to take a spy pic of the associates at the sephora i go to! i think during the day they get really bored so they start putting on whatever... this one woman there has a new hair color each week and she wears different headpieces? to each his own... but not at work! that is very unprofessional!