What Pushes your Breaks?

My usual time of going to Hermes is lunchtime. My usual time for going to the gym is lunchtime as well, and I can't do both. So if I'm feeling the urge to go to Hermes for whatever reason, I'll pack my backpack with my gym stuff and head there instead of Hermes. Boring but effective.

The thought of upgrading my home and using the funds for more "substantial" things keep me in check. Else I'd have spent it all at one shot. Luckily I'm not in charge of the finances. :P

No credit card (quite intentionally!) and having a spending goal keeps me from making random purchases! So...no need for braking of any kind, lol

Well I take that back, I have one credit card, but I just don't feel the need to use it ever. I barely even use banks, lol, I take after my Dad with his cash carrying tendencies

What pushes my brakes? Hmm... usually nothing :shame: - except a call like the one I got this morning from H that one of my SOs has just come in! ( :yahoo:) *sigh* So now I have to try to be good :angel: ... (at least for a while :sneaky: )

I am on a first name basis with just about everyone in my store, so clearly, I don't have the answer. I have had to do inventory recently of my purchases because I almost bought the same belt twice!!!

This is a great thread! Unfortunately, I am with HG on this one. I get calls from the SAs because they know what I like and what colors I DO NOT have. :wtf: And since they know that I am a "collector" they will offer me scarves in different colorways or accessories in different leather and colors.

They know I love rouge colors so I actually have to tell them now "NO more rouge please! Don't even show them to me because my will power against rouge is non-existent!"

I am doomed!!! :Push:

This is a great thread! Unfortunately, I am with HG on this one. I get calls from the SAs because they know what I like and what colors I DO NOT have. :wtf: And since they know that I am a "collector" they will offer me scarves in different colorways or accessories in different leather and colors.

They know I love rouge colors so I actually have to tell them now "NO more rouge please! Don't even show them to me because my will power against rouge is non-existent!"

I am doomed!!! :Push:
Yes, you are.:P

^^I thought I was the only one week in the presence of Rouge (or red in general)!

Right now, my brakes are a SO that has been accepted...and having just purchased my first Birkin! :yahoo:

^^I thought I was the only one week in the presence of Rouge (or red in general)!

I am so nuts over rouge that I have 3 rouge H birkins (just birkins) - different leather, different sizes and different hardware and different colored stitching! :nuts:

Let's not even get to the other designs or the other shades of rouge (vif, moyen, garrance...) Hopeless!:nogood: I don't think breaks will work. I need real drastic measures....

My breaks are being pushed by the house we are trying to build. Unfortunately I still am stashing away some $$ and selling off some other bags to fund any H purchases (if my Podium order was accepted) and the money should really go toward the house.....Bad me.

^^wingnut -- you still need to travel to the store and need a great handbag lol!! AAB - I feel a bit guilty have 2 reds bag at any given time even though different - you make me feel better!!!

^^wingnut -- you still need to travel to the store and need a great handbag lol!! AAB - I feel a bit guilty have 2 reds bag at any given time even though different - you make me feel better!!!

I know....otherwise I'll go insane. You know how it is...if I'm happy, those around me are happy ;)

Besides...who needs brakes? They're overrated and just slow you down :P

I had better give my CC to SO tonight for safekeeping.

The high prices have put the brakes on for me. I look at the beautiful bags I bought just a few years ago and then think I have enough.
I paid $12,000 (at Hermes) for a croc Birkin 30 in 2003.
What happened? It is not just the Euro vs the dollar.