What products does your man use?

Bar Soap. Shampoo

he has the dryest skin so I got him Vaseline Intensive Care cocoa butter lotion. I also recently got him the Dove Care for men.

I wish he would drink more water though, it would help him.

Haha we actually had this same conversation the other day, which is what lead to me posting this thread!

Thank you all so much ladies. I'm going to look into these products and try to see what would be the best match for him...one big factor is price: he doesn't want to spend a lot unless he knows it's going to work. Which I guess is kinda understandable.

Oh and btw, right now he is using American Crew for his hair (no complaints there), and uses his Cetaphil, my Neutrogena Wave, my organic body wash or his Old Spice bodywash, and my Bath & Body Works scrub (notice a pattern here? I can't wait to get him his OWN stuff!:smile:) in the shower. I've been telling him that our skin has different needs, and what works for me doesn't automatically work for him.

:lol:

I caught mine trying to use my deodorant (Dove btw) when his ran out and he didn't have time to go to the store!

I wish I could get my guy to use ANY products other than Irish Spring soap and deodorant. That is literally all he uses (he has a shaved head.) No face soap, moisturizer, lotion, sunscreen, cologne. I like that he is low-maintenance and "manly" ;) but his skin feels very dry when I touch it. I don't think he notices or cares. How do I get him to moisturize??

At first DH thought he doesn't need skin products, but I finally convinced him. He really is happy that he listened to me. His skin face is really improving. He use Clarins active face wash and Shisheido energizing formula. For perfumes he uses Viktor&Rolf and Polo Blue.

He refuses to use any soap other than Palmolive bar soap which is almost impossible to find so whenever I see it I buy everything in the store LOL. Other than that, he uses a combo of products- Lush Coalface soap which works well on his acne but isn't too harsh; Kiehl's Blue Herbal Astringent as his toner and aftershave; Kiss My Face shave cream; Clinique Dramatically Different moisturizer and/or Kiehl's Ultra Facial Cream if his skin is really dry; Clinique Acne Spot Treatment and Clinique Acne Body spray; and whatever lotion, usually Whole Foods brand because that's where we buy our groceries so it's convenient, he likes the peppermint scent. He'll also use St. Ives Apricot Scrub sometimes.
Personally I think Kiehl's and Clinique are great lines for men because the products are usually unscented and the packaging is not "girly" plus they WORK really well!

Great thread! Another vote for Kiehl's men's line here!!! :tup:

I finally got my SO to start taking better care of his skin (the poor guy has very sensitive skin and eczema.) :sad:

He uses the following (grumpily at first, but now he's got the routine down, lol):

Nioxin shampoo and conditioner (this is not cheap, but it does work)
Redken Hair Paste for Men (forgot the exact name)
Neutrogena facial scrub
Cetaphil Cream for body (this stuff is amazing, btw!!!)
Kiehl's Multi-purpose Facial Fuel for Men (this is ideal for after shaving...it has no alcohol, and moisturizes/soothes the skin. It does several things in one step, so it's perfect for guys who are reluctant to do much for their skin. My dad loves it, too!)
Neutrogena Ageless Intensives Deep Wrinkle Cream
The one thing he is very picky about is shower gel. Go figure. :P

I wish I could get my guy to use ANY products other than Irish Spring soap and deodorant. That is literally all he uses (he has a shaved head.) No face soap, moisturizer, lotion, sunscreen, cologne. I like that he is low-maintenance and "manly" ;) but his skin feels very dry when I touch it. I don't think he notices or cares. How do I get him to moisturize??

Do what I did - tell him that it hurts you to touch him. :P

(Seriously - it works!)

And get him some strong, but unscented body cream. I got my SO hooked on Cetaphil cream. He puts on just a little bit, and it does the trick.

Do what I did - tell him that it hurts you to touch him. :P

(Seriously - it works!)

And get him some strong, but unscented body cream. I got my SO hooked on Cetaphil cream. He puts on just a little bit, and it does the trick.

Thank you. I will try that. I may have to start putting it on him myself (LOL) until he realizes that he likes it!

My DF is a Art of Shaving fanatic! The shaving products have done wonders on this face I'm seriously considering getting some products for myself as they carry a female version of the products. Besides the shaving stuff, they have facial scrubs, moisturizers and treatments.

Loreal Men Expert - Facial Wash
Biotherm Aquasource - Moisturising Gel
Crabtree & Evelyn Nomad - Shaving Cream, After Shave

Last edited:
my skin especially my legs also gets very dry in the winter and ive tried everything

in the morning after i shower ill use corn l'occitane shea butter or corn husker lotion

then at night ill coat my legs with vaseline but then sleep in sweats to prevent my sheets and wife from getting greasy