What powerhouse perfume from the 80's would you wear today?

Estee lauder White Linen.
I think white linen was ahead of its time as the clean laundry minimal smell is all the rage now. I hate it on me though. Jean Nate is nice too.
The big cologne I remember from childhood was my nana spritzing 4711 about.

Oh unless she was economising… then it’s be a litre bottle of cologne from the chemist.
Everyone I ever dated was gifted a bottle of Antaeus..
I can’t explain it. So freaking sexy. :lol:
I absolutely love Antaeus. My husband used to prefer egoiste. He’s defected the the light smell camp now with Issey Miyake. :lol:

I think white linen was ahead of its time as the clean laundry minimal smell is all the rage now. I hate it on me though. Jean Nate is nice too.

I absolutely love Antaeus. My husband used to prefer egoiste. He’s defected the the light smell camp now with Issey Miyake.
White Linen was hugely popular. My mother loved Estee Lauder Youth Dew. It was very strong so I didn't care for Estee Lauder until White Linen.

Now Jean Nate, that was popular and reasonably priced.

Oh unless she was economising… then it’s be a litre bottle of cologne from the chemist.

I absolutely love Antaeus. My husband used to prefer egoiste. He’s defected the the light smell camp now with Issey Miyake. :lol:
I still wear vintage dead stock egoiste; in fact I might do so today :biggrin:

• Love
Reactions: Bagatha Christie

4711 was my high school scent. It was pretty neutral. I’ve never been a big perfume wearer. Which is funny, because in my 30s I made my living selling fragrance. And I was good at it. My sinus’ didn’t like it much, however.

Vivian Westwood - Boudoir
Loved this and wore only this for years.
Customer reviews on this are hilarious - a lot of people hate it and many of their impressions really have me scratching my head. Perhaps it all comes down to body chemistry.
A retro perfume, big in the style of the 80s but actually came out late 90s.

This! I bought VW Boudoir for quite sometime now bec. of the very beautiful bottle. I was visiting my perfume stash 3 days ago and said to myself "today is your day" :giggle: And I'm wearing it for 3 consecutive days now:love:

Estee lauder White Linen.

Yes, White Linen. I enjoyed wearing it when I was in college. Older sister had it and I love the scent much that she gave the bottle to me and she wore the Opium. I still have half a bottle of White Linen and Pleasures in my stash, I'll never get rid of them (yet).