What perfume do you love, but can't wear?

Bitten

Chic, not cheap.
O.G.
Feb 6, 2007
I started thinking about this after going through the thread about 'smelling your age'.

It might just be me, but I was wondering if any of you lovely ladies have a perfume that you love the smell of, but can't actually wear?

For me, it's definitely Dior Dolce Vita. I love it. It is the most intoxicating and yummy smell, makes me think of a gorgeous vivacious Italian girl enjoying a glass of wine at a street-side cafe. As I'm a 5 foot 2 inch red head, it's not a smell that I feel I can pull off :biggrin:. It's a little sad, but true. I keep hoping one day I'll be able to just buy a bottle and wear it and pretend like I've worn it my whole life, but so far it's not been possible.

Have any of you got a smell that you love but can't bring yourself to wear?

Hannae Mori - Butterfly.

But for sentimental reasons. It's the perfume I wore on my wedding day. Wearing it everyday seems weird for me. I want to keep it and pass it down to my daughter, so if she wants to she can wear it on her wedding day too.

I started thinking about this after going through the thread about 'smelling your age'.

It might just be me, but I was wondering if any of you lovely ladies have a perfume that you love the smell of, but can't actually wear?

For me, it's definitely Dior Dolce Vita. I love it. It is the most intoxicating and yummy smell, makes me think of a gorgeous vivacious Italian girl enjoying a glass of wine at a street-side cafe. As I'm a 5 foot 2 inch red head, it's not a smell that I feel I can pull off :biggrin:. It's a little sad, but true. I keep hoping one day I'll be able to just buy a bottle and wear it and pretend like I've worn it my whole life, but so far it's not been possible.

Have any of you got a smell that you love but can't bring yourself to wear?

oh bitten! whatever has height got to do with it? the shorter-than-you-piggy wants to know! (^(oo)~)

oh bitten! whatever has height got to do with it? the shorter-than-you-piggy wants to know! (^(oo)~)

It's a vibe, I guess. I think I saw an ad for Dolce Vita once and I am just so not that girl.

And I've seen you smokin' your HL dresses piggy :graucho:, you may be petite on the height side like me but everything else on you is in great proportion and you look fantastic! Me, I'm probably more shapes than you :biggrin:!!

Not too bad, but Bitten needs to get herself back into running. As soon as my exams are over, I promise :P

BTW, I am loving your new avatar, all that Cartier and VCA bling is TDF!

I can't say I loved this one, but I smelled a tester in a magazine and went to do a live test on my skin to see how I felt about it.

Miss Dior Cherie nearly killed me. I got one of those terrible headaches and had to immediately try and wash it off. It just did not do well by me.

I have a Burberry perfume that smells incredible, but I don't wear it b/c my BF doesn't like the scent. So I rarely get to wear it b/c I'm always with him and I want to smell good.
I'm the same way with some of his cologne like "Jake" from Hollister