What perfume do you love, but can't wear?

Bitten

Chic, not cheap.
O.G.
Feb 6, 2007
Contented
I started thinking about this after going through the thread about 'smelling your age'.

It might just be me, but I was wondering if any of you lovely ladies have a perfume that you love the smell of, but can't actually wear?

For me, it's definitely Dior Dolce Vita. I love it. It is the most intoxicating and yummy smell, makes me think of a gorgeous vivacious Italian girl enjoying a glass of wine at a street-side cafe. As I'm a 5 foot 2 inch red head, it's not a smell that I feel I can pull off :biggrin:. It's a little sad, but true. I keep hoping one day I'll be able to just buy a bottle and wear it and pretend like I've worn it my whole life, but so far it's not been possible.

Have any of you got a smell that you love but can't bring yourself to wear?

am1184

Jan 28, 2010
Queens Ny
angel by thierry mugler..i like the smell on other people but at the same time i would never wear it on me because I feel its too strong..Wierd!

Nov 2, 2007
Florida
Hannae Mori - Butterfly.

But for sentimental reasons. It's the perfume I wore on my wedding day. Wearing it everyday seems weird for me. I want to keep it and pass it down to my daughter, so if she wants to she can wear it on her wedding day too.

lvpiggy

feels like pigsomnia
O.G.
I started thinking about this after going through the thread about 'smelling your age'.

It might just be me, but I was wondering if any of you lovely ladies have a perfume that you love the smell of, but can't actually wear?

For me, it's definitely Dior Dolce Vita. I love it. It is the most intoxicating and yummy smell, makes me think of a gorgeous vivacious Italian girl enjoying a glass of wine at a street-side cafe. As I'm a 5 foot 2 inch red head, it's not a smell that I feel I can pull off :biggrin:. It's a little sad, but true. I keep hoping one day I'll be able to just buy a bottle and wear it and pretend like I've worn it my whole life, but so far it's not been possible.

Have any of you got a smell that you love but can't bring yourself to wear?
oh bitten! whatever has height got to do with it? the shorter-than-you-piggy wants to know! (^(oo)~)

missmustard

Prima Donna Assoluta
O.G.
Oct 15, 2006
Monterrey, Mexico
I absolutely adore the smell of DKNY's Be Delicious Fresh Blossom when it's in the bottle. Once it's on my skin, it turns into plain detergent.

Bitten

Chic, not cheap.
O.G.
Feb 6, 2007
Contented
oh bitten! whatever has height got to do with it? the shorter-than-you-piggy wants to know! (^(oo)~)
It's a vibe, I guess. I think I saw an ad for Dolce Vita once and I am just so not that girl.

And I've seen you smokin' your HL dresses piggy :graucho:, you may be petite on the height side like me but everything else on you is in great proportion and you look fantastic! Me, I'm probably more shapes than you :biggrin:!!

Not too bad, but Bitten needs to get herself back into running. As soon as my exams are over, I promise :P

BTW, I am loving your new avatar, all that Cartier and VCA bling is TDF!

Kellybag

O.G.
Mar 9, 2006
I can't say I loved this one, but I smelled a tester in a magazine and went to do a live test on my skin to see how I felt about it.

Miss Dior Cherie nearly killed me. I got one of those terrible headaches and had to immediately try and wash it off. It just did not do well by me.

Jeannam2008

Fashionably me :)
Jul 10, 2009
East Coaster
I have a Burberry perfume that smells incredible, but I don't wear it b/c my BF doesn't like the scent. So I rarely get to wear it b/c I'm always with him and I want to smell good.
I'm the same way with some of his cologne like "Jake" from Hollister

Crystalina

O.G.
Mar 22, 2007
Shalimar. I love it! I know it's kind of a heavy scent, but I love that is smells powdery. Problem is that it gives me a headache and makes my asthma act up!