What Percentage of Your Wardrobe Do you Actually Wear ?

  1. Over at PurseBlog, we started a new series called Closet Confessionals in which we examine how readers and TPFers afford their bag addictions. Read about it in this intro article and submit your own confessional here. We are looking forward to hearing from you!
    Dismiss Notice
  1. I know I am guilty of still having tags in my closet from every season whether it be shoes, boots, coats, dresses or bags. I think i wear, mmm maybe 40% of my wardrobe.


    How about you ?
     
  2. Oh, good question here! I think I'm guilty as charged too, I found that I have lotsa clothes that I rarely use. Perhaps in percentage, around 50% :shame:
     
  3. Less than 30%....my wardrobe consists of collectable special event clothing, lol... not practical stuff

    Looks like it's time I start to eBay them off to pay off my student loans
     
  4. I love this question! Thanks Pradasmeadow!

    I worked at a clothing store for almost two years and had gotten some great deals! So, I have a lot of clothes!!!!! My walk-in closet is FULL!!! I would say I wear 60% of everything I own. 40% that I don't wear is stuff that no longer fits or does not fit my lifestyle anymore.
     
  5. probably about 85% of everything. everything i have is mostly neutral and always in style, so the other 15% is usually winter wear.. aka, turtlenecks and overcoats in scorching 100+ degree? no thanks. lol.
     
  6. I'm ashamed to say probably about 10-15%. I even give bags of clothes each year to charity.
     
  7. Since I continually weed out things I don't wear, I hide the bad news from myself. But even among the things I wear, only some get worn a lot to the point where they show wear.

    Once I decide that I really like a particular pair of jeans or slacks I wear them to death -- why wear anything that I like less well than the favorite thing? I could get by with very, very little if I was disciplined enough about buying only the "perfect". But I'm better than I used to be. And rarely take chances with style or color. My clothes are so safe and boring! (That's why I like bags . . .)
     
  8. I have my work clothes and my fun clothes. I do have to say that I end up using my work clothes a lot, but my fun clothes... maybe 10%... How demoralizing is that. :sad:
     
  9. I would say probably 30%. That is because I have a billion pieces of clothing, some I bought when I was probably 13 or 14. I am awful for that, I keep everything "just in case"
     
  10. probably about 50%. i consign things each season, but still end up with a ton of things i don't wear
     
  11. Maybe 20%. I need to clean out my closet and by clothes that go with everything. I'm really bad at that. And I have a ton of clothes that I have never worn. I'm still waiting for the occasion.
     
  12. I wear about 30 percent. I am terrible in that I buy some very expensive designer items and think "oh, I must save that for best" and envariably do not wear it. I wish I could get over this mentality that these clothes should only be worn for certain things, and I should wear them and get pleasure out of them, but its hard to do! Alot still have tags on, I really really really must start wearing them. Does anybody else have this problem - loads of prestine clothes and shoes, but almost too scared to wear them ?
     
  13. yep ~~~~~~~~waving over here !!!
    I have a lot of couture gowns that i worked so hard to get, now I find excuse's why i dont wear them. But i'm getting a little better these days, ive organized them such, so that the next event we attend, i have to wear one of the gowns. Right now there lined up in my closet in order.
     
  14. :shame: i must say, some of my clothes in my wardrobe still have the price tag still hanging from them... :shame: i've just sold a whole bunch of my stuff off so now, i'd probably have to say, i wear around abou 70% of whats in my wardrobe! i need to buy more staple pieces than buying one off ones! hehehe! i need a personal shopper! hehehe!
     
  15. i'd say 40%. i also have shoes i haven't worn. i'm so bad.
     
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice