What pair of CL for the DF as her first pair??

ac921ol

O.G.
Sep 21, 2011
This is what Im (hoping she is) looking for...

-She can wear them with jeans/skirts/dresses
-Universal type appeal to them (no studs, no spikes)

Anything off the top of your head??

Looking to spend around $1k for them, I am planning on getting them for our anniversary which is around valentines day. so need to plan ahead some.

I agree with LamborghiniGirl, especially with the Bianca. It's my favorite style and my good to shoe to wear with all kinds of outfits.

How about the Very Prive in black or nude patent?

I would go for a classic Lady Peep in black or nude patent leather,
or a Bianca in nude or patent leather.

They are both super classic, can be worn with everything, and a great staple Louboutin shoe! That is so sweet of you to give Louboutins as a gift, she is very lucky to have you!

http://us.christianlouboutin.com/lady-peep-150mm-4.html

http://us.christianlouboutin.com/bianca-140mm-17447.html

I would say Bianca as well. Looks great with skinny jeans and dresses/skirts. One of my favorite styles. Lady peep is great as well (another favorite of mine) but depending on the weather where you live she may not be able to wear them as much. Let us know what you decide!

For classics I would go for:
Very Prive (peeptoe) 120mm (~4.7 inches with a hidden .7 inch platform)
Lady Claude (peeptoe) 120mm (~4.7 inches with a thin platform)
Pigalle (pointy close toe) 100mm (4 inches no platform, more practical) or 120mm (no platform, super sexy)
Decollete (almond close toe) 100mm (4 inches)
Ron Ron (round close toe) 100mm (4 inches)

I disagree with Lady Peep and Bianca being super classic - these have a much thicker platform that is "in" for now... but who knows in years to come. Bianca is 140mm (5.5 inches) and Lady Peep is 150mm (6 inches)... if these are not in her comfort zone, I would not suggest these as her first pair of CLs.

I would go for a classic Lady Peep in black or nude patent leather,
or a Bianca in nude or patent leather.

They are both super classic, can be worn with everything, and a great staple Louboutin shoe! That is so sweet of you to give Louboutins as a gift, she is very lucky to have you!

http://us.christianlouboutin.com/lady-peep-150mm-4.html

http://us.christianlouboutin.com/bianca-140mm-17447.html

I am a fan of the Bianca. Not sure how much she wears peep toes, so will keep an eye out on that, but one problem is that its Winter time and I highly doubt she will wear them. Might need a friend to figure this one out for me.

I agree with LamborghiniGirl, especially with the Bianca. It's my favorite style and my good to shoe to wear with all kinds of outfits.

How about the Very Prive in black or nude patent?

I do like the Very Prive in satin, but these are going on her feet, so will need to have a friend investigate for me.

I would say Bianca as well. Looks great with skinny jeans and dresses/skirts. One of my favorite styles. Lady peep is great as well (another favorite of mine) but depending on the weather where you live she may not be able to wear them as much. Let us know what you decide!

Yeah we live in DC, and travel to the beach during the summer to the beach house, but that is more of a spring break atmosphere, not a resort type beach area for anyone around the DC area, I am talking about Rehoboth/Dewey Beach Area.

It seems like the general conscious is that it should be a nude or black heel, is this correct?

most of her heels are brown/black/nude
she does have a pair of blue suede heels

Im a guy that likes a pop in my step, I like bright colors, or colors that stand out for footwear. I did see a pair of turquoise CL on someone here wearing jeans, they looked great. would that be to much for her first pair?

As a first pair, I think you should stick with black or nude just so she can wear them with so many different looks. If she's comfortable in 4 inch heels, then I think you should stick with a 120mm CL as her first pair. VPs are classic peep toe, if you want a closed toe the Pigalle Plato 120 or the New Simple 120 would be fabulous.

What a lucky girl!

I don't think they will be too much. Colored biancas are as great as the classic colors in my opinion. The hot pink patent is out now if you can find them in her size, I have seen pics of a turquoise patent but havent seen them in store and the amethyst is nice as well and is on the list to go on sale at Nordstroms next week.

I am a fan of the Bianca. Not sure how much she wears peep toes, so will keep an eye out on that, but one problem is that its Winter time and I highly doubt she will wear them. Might need a friend to figure this one out for me.

I do like the Very Prive in satin, but these are going on her feet, so will need to have a friend investigate for me.

Yeah we live in DC, and travel to the beach during the summer to the beach house, but that is more of a spring break atmosphere, not a resort type beach area for anyone around the DC area, I am talking about Rehoboth/Dewey Beach Area.

It seems like the general conscious is that it should be a nude or black heel, is this correct?

most of her heels are brown/black/nude
she does have a pair of blue suede heels

Im a guy that likes a pop in my step, I like bright colors, or colors that stand out for footwear. I did see a pair of turquoise CL on someone here wearing jeans, they looked great. would that be to much for her first pair?

oh yay I'm from Philly but I live in DC so Rehoboth and Dewey are homes away from homes for me :smile: And I'd say DE beachfronts are not the place for high Louboutins! For the DC area though, she can get away with anything!

For a 1st pair, I'd recommend the Very Prive in patent...they translate from skirts to jeans to slacks to dresses really well. And shy of the 1k makr you're looking for...use the extra to get them vibrammed so she'll keep them in pristine condition for years to come!

I'm with Carli though, the LP and the Bianca to me aren't classics, they're fun and "in."

If you're looking for universal shoe I agree with Carlinha and Choco, VP is great choice. that would be my no. 1, closely followed by Ron Ron or Pigalle.
If you say she has a lot of black/nude/brown shoes I would say there is not much point giving her another "basic" coloured shoe, so I say if you like colour go for it!

Ohhh how sweet:tender: I think that the Very Prive 120, Ron Ron 100, Pigalle 100 or 120, or Decolette 100 might be good for her first pair. I really love the Very Prive 120mm. It is so gorgeous and classic. It will be in style for a long, long time:smile: I think that the Pigalle or Ron Ron would be my next suggestion but unless you know if she prefers a round toe or a pointy toe then I would go with the VP! HTH:smile:

i would also browse the reference library so you can have an idea on the styles, colors, materials that catch your eye and that you can see your DF wearing:

http://forum.purseblog.com/louboutin-reference-library/

Thanks for pointing me that way.

As a first pair, I think you should stick with black or nude just so she can wear them with so many different looks. If she's comfortable in 4 inch heels, then I think you should stick with a 120mm CL as her first pair. VPs are classic peep toe, if you want a closed toe the Pigalle Plato 120 or the New Simple 120 would be fabulous.

What a lucky girl!
Im just worried she wont wear the peep toe as much, so kind of the reason Im leaning towards a

oh yay I'm from Philly but I live in DC so Rehoboth and Dewey are homes away from homes for me :smile: And I'd say DE beachfronts are not the place for high Louboutins! For the DC area though, she can get away with anything!

For a 1st pair, I'd recommend the Very Prive in patent...they translate from skirts to jeans to slacks to dresses really well. And shy of the 1k makr you're looking for...use the extra to get them vibrammed so she'll keep them in pristine condition for years to come!
Yes, dewey, and rehoboth, great home away from home.
but
Same as above, just worried she wont wear the peep toe as much, but then again most of her peep toes are ready to be thrown out, so could be some of the reason why she doesnt wear them. Thats the reason I am looking at the Pigalle Patent Turquoise 120, since I will be giving them to her for Valentines day, she will be able to wear those thru spring/summer (If i can find them in her size)

If you're looking for universal shoe I agree with Carlinha and Choco, VP is great choice. that would be my no. 1, closely followed by Ron Ron or Pigalle.
If you say she has a lot of black/nude/brown shoes I would say there is not much point giving her another "basic" coloured shoe, so I say if you like colour go for it!

Once again just worried about the peep toe, but it seems a lot of you ladies certainly do like the peep toe, since it has been the most recommended. I will have one of her friends go up to the mall with her and try on a few CL and see how she feels about the peep toe vs closed toe
I am leaning towards a Pigalle Patent Turquoise 120 since she already has Black/Nude/Brown