Food What one food have you never eaten, but want to someday?

Aug 27, 2006
I'll start...we were watching the Deadiest Catch show tonight and it's all about catching King Crabs in Alaska. I thought hmmm..well...even though I have family in Seattle and Tacoma and I've been out many times to visit...I've never had them...for whatever reasons. "Not in season" seems to be the one I remember, but life is short so King Crab legs is going to be foodie "goal" for me hopefully sometime soon. :P

Next...

^had Fugu, had frog, had horse, had deer, had ostrich, had alligator, had snakes, had king crabs, had sea cucumbers, bird's nest, sharks fin, weird fungus even some deep sea catch I have tried... let me think, let me think :thinking:....

Hmmmm....
Try a camel?
Did never had those.
What do they taste like?

Not exotic, but I have never had falafal.
I always talk about getting it, but end up with my favorite dolmades or chicken shawarma. Add in hummus & pita and I'm stuffed!

^had Fugu, had frog, had horse, had deer, had ostrich, had alligator, had snakes, had king crabs, had sea cucumbers, bird's nest, sharks fin, weird fungus even some deep sea catch I have tried... let me think, let me think :thinking:....

I know it's not environmentally correct and I hate to say this but I really enjoy sharks fin. It is really yummy even though it's basically tasteless.

I had a lot that's on your list of eaten foods plus I've had my share of organ meats but one thing I would like to try is snake. I wouldn't mind even trying snake blood (I watched an episode of Bizarre foods and Andrew was in Japan and the chef served snake blood with some alcohol - kind of looks good).

DamierLover: bubble tea is a drink with tapioca pearls at the bottom of the drink.

JessieRose: You have to try seafood! Especially try sashimi - imo, fish is the yummiest when raw. My favourite food is lobster, to me it's the most perfect food...lol...

Have to say I love that...:biggrin: haven't had it in years...but remember it was very garlicy...

now...wondering...is bubble tea a drink or a food? I've seen mention of it on tpf...no where else here in New England...

It's a drink. I think the "bubbles" are pistachio balls or something. I personally found it vile, but my ex used to love it. The drink wasn't the problem, it was the devil bubbles. I haven't seen it anywhere in at least 8 or 9 years, does it still exist?

It's a drink. I think the "bubbles" are pistachio balls or something. I personally found it vile, but my ex used to love it. The drink wasn't the problem, it was the devil bubbles. I haven't seen it anywhere in at least 8 or 9 years, does it still exist?

The original bubbles are made of tapioca balls/pearls.
Then they have yogurt balls/pearls... they have them in jellies too.

Yup. They have them in our malls over here.