What oh what should I buy??? Suggestions please.

HI SJ, sorry the ink blue daria satchel didn't work out. If you want Mulberry blue then I suppose it might be worth a try to see if the ink blue colour varies & you could find a brighter one. But then you'd have to get to a store ideally. The blueberry is def brighter but I agree I don't much like the patent either, so that rules out mitzy. I don't know what to suggest - maybe the drew messenger or tote (too big tho)?

Oh I do love the look of the Daria hobo in ink. SJ How about Gerard Darel midday-midnight? It's a light weight shoulder bag shape & comes in some fabulous colours, also very french (I'm sure you probably know this bag already). I'm itching for one.

Thanks for the suggestions girls.
Jenova, Chloe doesn't do it for me, nor Balenciaga, LV, Gucci or Prada! I'm a Mulberry girl at heart.
If I did go non Mulberry, it would be Miu Miu or Anya Hindmarch.
Tiree, I don't like patent although I do really like the blueberry colour. Pink definitely isn't me either.

I did have a tiny buy last night - a Cath Kidston oilcloth mini saddle bag. That'll fill the gap for a hands free when I'm in France.

I'm a big Anya Hindmarch fan and the website is full of some very drool-worthy new pieces! Although having said that my 3 Pocket Bag from AW 09 will definitely take me into summer - I just love the functionality and easy, retro look about it!

Would the Blueberry Drew Tote satisfy you colour quota? :smile: I've been daydreaming about it since I saw it on the Mulberry website! :yes:

Last edited:
Some great ideas there, thanks.

My heart is definitely with Mulberry, I don't get that tugging of the heartstrings from other designers for some reason.

I've narrowed it down to some possibles and the choices will show that I'm well out of my comfort zone and trying very new styles and colours
- ivory Daria tote, the pink Leah, mushroom Beatrice, a butter Alexa, gingerbread Hayden tote.
I'll have to order them and see what I think! Watch this space.

Just reading trhu here before i posted my suggestions and i was about to post this too Riff....tho i suspect it may be a bit dark for SJ

The other thing i was wondering about SJ was the blueberry mitzy hobo....it is a really zingy colour and i know you like hobos....

(will prob finish reading the thread and see that it has been suggested.)

What a lovely dilemma you have Sarajane! This is the best part of the bag buying :biggrin:.

Are Mulberry releasing any other styles in ink blue this season? I know there is going to be an ink blue bays clutch and bays, but they are in patent. Could there be something more...?

The Leah also looks really nice, I just googled it. Hayden is gorgeous, so is Daria and Beatrice. Lol. I am sure you will find the perfect bag for summer.... and by Mulberry!

Saw daria hobo and clutch in ink today and they were so far from
the colour of your satchel sj. Much closer to blueberry than the deep ink of alexa. The sa did say they were all a bit different so maybe you were just unlucky with a particularly dark one?

It sounds as if I got a particularly dark specimen which is a shame as I think the Daria satchel is ideal in many ways.
I'm a typical Gemini and I don't hang around so I've dismissed ink blue and I'm now considering all other options.
I've flirted with the idea of ivory but probably ruled it out. My turquoise Mitzy virtually fills the blue gap as it'll go with my blue toned clothes so I think I might try something pink (!) and the gingerbread Hayden tote.
DH and boys are away the half term week skiing so I think I'm going to head to Cabot's Circus late night shopping one evening after work and hopefully see the butter Alexa IRL. It probably isn't for me but I'd like to see it. I'm not worried about colour transfer as I rarely wear denim.