what % of the time can you tell a fake from a real?

Apr 9, 2008
what % of the time can you tell a fake from a real? Because I've posted a lot of pictures on forums and they were authenticated wrongly. I know that everyone thinks they can smell a fake--and any fake--from a mile away, but is that really true?

bagnshoofetish

resist.
O.G.
Feb 12, 2006
earth
Depends on the designer. I'm pretty good when it comes to Coach, LV and Chanel but need more practice with other brands.

Swanky

Admin
Admin
O.G.
Jan 12, 2006
"everyone" here definitely does not believe they can spot a fake.
I can't! LOL!
Actually I can if it's painfully obvious.
But the question about percentage. . . how can we answer that?? If we don't know it's fake and we think it is real. . . our perceived % would be wrong, no?

rachieface

ilikeike!
Nov 18, 2007
LOL I am definitely one of those people who CANNOT spot a fake for the life of me. I won't even try. I probably compliment women on their fake Prada and Dolce's ALL the time.

bagnshoofetish

resist.
O.G.
Feb 12, 2006
earth
"everyone" here definitely does not believe they can spot a fake.
I can't! LOL!
Actually I can if it's painfully obvious.
But the question about percentage. . . how can we answer that?? If we don't know it's fake and we think it is real. . . our perceived % would be wrong, no?
thats a good point. how do we know when we are wrong?:lol:

Longchamp

O.G.
Aug 17, 2006
Lost and found
Yes but she has a total of only two posts and no pix ever posted from reviewing her name. I thought she meant other sections of tPF, but maybe not.

:confused1::confused1:

kmh1190

Purse crazed
O.G.
Feb 23, 2008
Northern California/Central Valley
I'm actually pretty good with Coach and Louis Vuitton. I can't say my percentage is 100% but it is probably somewhere in the 90's with these brands. Usually hardware is a big giveaway or a style that you have never seen before. I will admit that there are good fakes out there. I wouldn't know a fake Kooba, Gryson, Botkier, or Prada though.

JAP4life

O.G.
Nov 14, 2005
Steeler Town
For me it depends on the brand..if it's OBVIOUS, then sure. But the only one that I am pretty good at spotting fakes for is Marc Jacobs, and that just came from learning from the experts over there.