what occassions do you need a bag for?

1. i decided as im building my collection, i dont need really more then one bag for a purpose, but what are the catagories that you feel should be a staple to your wardrobe?

im thinking:

hands free/cross body side pack
    tote
    small shoulder bag for evening
    wristlet
    coin purse
    satchel to carry in hand or on arm
    rain bag
    gym bag
    errand bag
    messenger

and then i guess a variety of clutches to mix and match for the occassion.

what about you? i think for me this way i wont be frazzled, wont feel bad about my purchases, and build a well rounded collection not based on brand but the quality and the use of the bag.

what else to add, subtract, multiply.. lol.:lol:

2. I think more in terms of bags for outfits or purposes. I need usually at least two big messenger-type bags for teaching...one for each location (I teach at the college and university, so if I can keep them separate it's good), one great interview bag (Chloe Edith), a casual but elegant bag for nice occasions (want an Hermes Birkin), a carry-on bag for travel, a couple of good, large shoulder bags (Hogan), a hand-held clutch for weddings, evening, etc., a smaller fun summer bag (Balenciaga First in pewter), a bag that I can wear with a winter coat, a bag that looks nice with a cashmere sweater and slacks, and some bags that are fun with jeans and a t-shirt. Turns out this is a lot of bags! I think if you get a variety of designers and styles you should be set.

3. Oh...and a hands-free bag for Disney or an all-day Plaza shopping experience...maybe the Gucci belt bag? Sorry for the double post! My computer freaked out.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice