What non-LV bag you carry when not appropriate to carry an LV situation?

Great responses. I agree with many of you that once you carry LV hard to carry anything else but there are some situations where you just can't carry a recognizable luxury bag. Epi is a good compromise I agree and I got my epi neverfull in noir for they reason but still not good to carry a $2k bag to the nail salon etc.

I carry my Marc by Marc Jacobs and just got a longchamp plantes bag

Can't say I've run across any situations where I would choose not to carry LV. I focus more on the functionality of the bag than the designer. Besides, all of my bags are Gucci, YSL, Dior, Nancy Gonzalez, or LV. But for times when I don't want to be conspicuous my Epi Alma, Brea, or Mabillon fit the bill. I especially use the Mabillon at sporting events, festivals, and fairs.

If I'm going to a friends' house or somewhere in NYC, and maybe the neighborhood is a little iffy, I usually either carry my tiny coach wristlet, or just a courderoy bag from the GAP, that's pretty unassuming. I mostly own designer bags (it's my hobby to collect them), but I always make sure I have at least one regular bag that doesn't attract attention if you have to walk in an iffy neighborhood.

I always carry a Coach if I don't have an LV on me. But, I found after getting Louis Vuitton (I purchased my first two years ago), it is disappointing to wear anything else! So far I have never carried my LV to the nail salon, to outdoor sporting events, or anywhere if there is even a small chance of rain. I also don't carry it around judgmental relatives, but I'm beginning to think that life is too short to worry about that!

Don't carry your LV to the nail salon! I've had issues where they'd jack up the prices when I had it. I go to the same few salons and I've tested this theory. I know the price of what I usually get done, and it never changes. I call them out on it though, and said "its always bla bla bla dollars, and it says so on the price list on the wall." But yeah, I forgot to mention in my post, too that I refuse to bring any LV into the nail salon anymore.

I have a black leather bag that I bought in 1999 in Florence - It's still going strong. I also have a leather Furla and a black Longchamps from 2001 that I use sometimes.

I have a couple of Coach, a couple of LAMB (great $300 range bags but I haven't been able to find this brand for a few years now) and one MK that are large enough for work, plus a Kate Spade and a MK that are 'party size'. Most places I go I would feel OK carrying my Speedy but I like to change once in a while just for variety. Exceptions are when I travel to states or provinces where few/no people have LV but even then it's not that I don't feel safe but just that I don't want to stand out.