What non-cl brand of shoes is also instantly noticable as being a high-end brand?

xoxoCat said:
Good post. Also, only wearing recognizable brands could work against you these days. I can pick out a wannabe with her LV speedy and true religions from a mile away. Louboutins are subtle enough to be flashy, but not so tacky. Still, truly wealthy clients don't need dress to impress or wear flashy items. And clients who judge you because designer items aren't hanging off of you? That's super shallow, even if you work in the fashion industry.

That being said, I buy recognizable items too, so good for you for being honest! If you insist on classy, recognizable designer shoes, I do love the Manolo BB pumps. Very elegant.

I actually love TR jeans and find they are one of the few brands that actually fit me and it isn't because of the label on she back. I have tried many other high end jeans and mid tier as well and still come back to TR. I don't consider myself a "wannabe" either. Granted I don't wear the flashy blingy type more the basic leggings and lower profile bootcut styles and I also carry a variety of LV, mostly non monogram.

OP has been active on other sections of tPF but hasn't come back to this thread. I would really like to know what kind of work she's in that this would be an issue. I just can't imagine a boss making that kind of statement.