What, no Shamrock??

jules08

O.G.
Aug 16, 2007
O come on now! Every year I buy the latest Shamrock key chain and there is none online? Anyone see one in a full price store? Outrageous! It's a small peeve but it just proves Coach is getting more bureaucratic not caring about loyal customers! Jeez.

I was really hoping I would be able to buy a sheep for the Year of the Sheep. I'm so disappointed!

Coach fobs have gone downhill. I don't get it. If they saw how much old fobs sell for on ebay, you'd think they would figure out how well they would sell if they re-released popular styles.

I saw a cute shamrock keychain in Prada...for almost $200. Yeesh!

Was that in store or online?

I was really hoping I would be able to buy a sheep for the Year of the Sheep. I'm so disappointed!

Coach fobs have gone downhill. I don't get it. If they saw how much old fobs sell for on ebay, you'd think they would figure out how well they would sell if they re-released popular styles.

Perhaps the ambiguity of what to call this year (sheep? ram? goat?) made them back off. They better have a monkey for next year!

Was that in store or online?

Perhaps the ambiguity of what to call this year (sheep? ram? goat?) made them back off. They better have a monkey for next year!
I already have a monkey! They did it at least three times. I don't think they've ever done a sheep.

People always get PO'd at me for saying this, but Coach has never had Shamrock keychains, no matter what they call them. Four-leaf Clovers, yes, but never Shamrocks. The Shamrock that symbolizes Ireland and St. Patrick only has 3 leaves, not four. Saint Patrick used it to teach the pagan Irish about the Holy Trinity - and no, I don't mean onions, celery and green pepper. It's been a while since I went to Catholic school but if the Pope had ever declared there was a fourth member of the Holy Trinity, I would have heard about it. :graucho:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shamrock

So look elsewhere for Shamrock keychains or jewelry. Coach and a lot of manufacturers just don't "get it". Four-leaf clovers may symbolize good luck but don't have any valid historic connection to St Patrick's Day, sorry.

And a Heads-Up - never walk into an Irish bar on Chicago's Sout' Side on St Paddy's Day wearing a green four-leaf clover instead of a shamrock. You may as well be wearing orange. :biggrin:

My half-Irish Hubby and I thank you for listening to my yearly rant. :cutesy:

Attachments

• irish celtic shamrock.jpg
    irish celtic shamrock.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 268
Last edited: