What new bag shall I get - opinions needed!

Onebagtoomany

O.G.
Apr 16, 2011
Well, I knew my attempts to curb my craving for another Mulberry wouldn't last very long! I have decided to buy one of the following but need some advice as which to choose as this will probably be the last bag until the summer sales for me :cool:

1. Bayswater (classic size) in oak

or

2. SBS in oak

or

3. Postman's lock satchel in beige pebbled glossy goat

Bays: I have wanted a Bays in oak for ages and have only held off getting one until now because of the price and the fact that I already have a choc printed Bays and a black congo Bays. I love the style and oak would match most of my wardrobe. However, if I'm honest I do find the bag heavy and I'm not sure if I can justify having three plus my large Bays clutch. If I buy the oak Bays I also am a lot less likely to use the other two and I already don't use them very often as I only occasionally work from an office these days and find them too smart for casual use. If I buy this one I am going on holiday from Heathrow with DH in mid-Feb so am hoping I can get this from the airport with a bit of a saving which will make it the cheapest of the three options (around £560 I think).

SBS: I used to have this in conker and again as with the Bays absolutely adore the style. I only moved on my conker one as I bought a Roxanne in plum and didn't realise how similar the two colours are until I saw them together and realised I wouldn't use both - Roxy had to stay! I love the portability of the bag with the added strap and oak would again match with most of my clothes so I know it would be used.

Beige pebbled glossy goat satchel: I LOVE this style as it is so similar to Edie and the colour is TDF :faint: The thing is I know the colour isn't the most practical and I am also worried it would end up being a spring/summer bag for me and I'm not sure if I can justify the cost against how many times I would use it. I am also hoping to pick up an Edie in this colour when she hits the outlets.

HELP!!!!!

Reading your story I'd go for the SBS. As you say you already have 2 bayswaters, find them heavy and don't use them too much. You seem to love the oak, and are afraid to buy the lighter PL, with good arguments.

I would go for the SBS.
I feel the same for the Bays as you do. I love the bag, but it is not so practical for me. I struggle finding my keys, mobile, oystercard etc and does not stay put on my shoulder.
I love my SBS conker and it is such a practical bag with sufficient space. I will deffo get another one.
The beige pebbled bag would worry me too for colour transfer. I have pale bags, like the Tillie deer, but white is even more scary lol

Thanks everyone, I think I'm swaying towards the SBS now. I would love to get the postman's lock satchel but the colour will make it's use quite limited and I guess I can always try to get the Edie in powder beige when it hits the outlets, which will save me quite a lot of money too. Silly me also didn't realise that I can also potentially get the SBS with 20% off at Heathrow if it is available so that will make it much more affordable.

I have also fallen spectacularly off the sofa and just purchased my first Prada, so no more spending for a while or at least until my holiday! Eeeeek! :shame:

Thanks everyone, I think I'm swaying towards the SBS now. I would love to get the postman's lock satchel but the colour will make it's use quite limited and I guess I can always try to get the Edie in powder beige when it hits the outlets, which will save me quite a lot of money too. Silly me also didn't realise that I can also potentially get the SBS with 20% off at Heathrow if it is available so that will make it much more affordable.

I have also fallen spectacularly off the sofa and just purchased my first Prada, so no more spending for a while or at least until my holiday! Eeeeek! :shame:

My vote it for the SBS too, if you're after the Edie in powder beige I'm almost certain York outlet had them in just before Christmas...

Ahem. Prada. Let's see it!

After reading what you wrote, I'm also saying SBS. It's just like the Bays which you love so much, but smaller and less heavy! I think the Postmans Lock is gorgeous too, but it would stain so easy and get colour transfer on it as well. I think the SBS will be the best option!

My vote it for the SBS too, if you're after the Edie in powder beige I'm almost certain York outlet had them in just before Christmas...

Ahem. Prada. Let's see it!

Oooh that's exciting about Edie! I really can't afford to buy three bags though so it will definitely have to be a choice between that and the SBS!

You won't be disappinted with your Prada, I got one last week and I love it. Such gorgeous leather and classy design

Thanks Loveheart, yours is simply divine - I love Prada bags in black! I would have liked this one in the black originally but simply couldn't stretch to the price, however camel is also perfect - neutral enough to go with pretty much everything and very classy looking!

Here she is but in the tan colour as I must have bought the last camel one:

http://www.flannelsfashion.com/women...ndle-tote.aspx

:cloud9:

SBS - I agree......you know you can call the shop in Heathrow and they can source any bag in the UK as long as you give them at least a week or so notice. I have sold my Bays tonight as I couldn't get on with the short handles. I kept wanting to throw it on my shoulder. I loved the look of the bag but not the practicalities of it....:crybaby:

SBS - I agree......you know you can call the shop in Heathrow and they can source any bag in the UK as long as you give them at least a week or so notice. I have sold my Bays tonight as I couldn't get on with the short handles. I kept wanting to throw it on my shoulder. I loved the look of the bag but not the practicalities of it....:crybaby:

You couldnt fit your bays on your shoulder? I dont think the handels are short S:

just to throw a spanner in the works don't buy any of them. Reason you have two bays, moved on the sbs and the edie why not wait till the next set of bags are launched by Mulberry and see if you fall in love with something........