What nail shape are you rocking & do you like to change it up?

PewPew

Meow!
Apr 27, 2014
I love playing around with nail shape and length as much as color. Do you have a favorite nail shape for yourself? Is there a shape or length you love on others?

I wear ovals most because in my mind it makes my fingers look a bit longer. I love square/squoval & longer ballerina/coffin shaped nails on others, but with my already small hands, they sometimes make my fingers feel shorter.

Some common nail shapes:AECBE575-87D2-4DA2-94BA-BF50CFB9154A.jpeg

Reactions: dotty8
I love playing around with nail shape and length as much as color. Do you have a favorite nail shape for yourself? Is there a shape or length you love on others?

I wear ovals most because in my mind it makes my fingers look a bit longer. I love square/squoval & longer ballerina/coffin shaped nails on others, but with my already small hands, they sometimes make my fingers feel shorter.

Some common nail shapes:View attachment 5418786

My fingers are slim and I have small hands as well so I tend to stick with the almond shape as it makes my fingers look longer and more elegant. Square-shaped doesn't look good on me but can be pulled off on others. I love the look of 1970s nails that tended to be long and almond-shaped, like those that you would see on people like Lauren Hutton, Barbara Streisand or Faye Dunaway - especially in bright red colours.

Reactions: PewPew
I used to have oval nails in different lengths. Most of the time natural, but some years ago I had artificial nails when square and french was trendy (I hated how it felt and how impractically it was).
Nowadays, in my free time I do a lot with my hands...gardening, carry on a craft.
I just can't sport something else than short, natural nails :biggrin:

Used to be firmly in the Square camp but I've gone more towards Squoval or Natural lately. I don't have long fingers compared to other people but compared to the size of my own palm I feel like they're a bit out of proportion, and squarish balances that out.

I have had my nails squoval forever. I was going to have my nail girl cut them short and I saw a opi ad with almond shaped nails and I liked them. So I decided to have her make them almond and figured if I didn’t like them I would cut them short the next time. It was a big adjustment to the different shape, I feel like they’re less likely to break with the more rounded edges. I really struggle with putting on my necklace now because I can’t hold down the clasp it keeps sliding out from under my nail. I do feel like they make my fingers look longer. Also when I itch they itch better then the squ oval shape. I also think that some designs look better with different shapes. I saw a influencers nails and I liked them and had my nail girl do them, they weren’t bad but they didn’t look anything like the ones that inspired me. I did them again and with this shape they look SO much better than on the squoval shaped nails.

Edited to add a picture. The large picture on the right were the influencers nails I liked. The top left was with squoval nails. And the bottom left is my current nails in the almond shape.IMG_20220715_063828.jpg

• Love
  • Thanks
Reactions: skyqueen and PewPew
I just changed from coffin to almond. I always did squoval, but once she kind of tapered them I thought it looked so much better. I’m lucky to have a nice long nail bed and I like mine to be long-ish, so I really think a tapered shape is more flattering on me.

I've always had something between almond and oval :smile: From very long to medium long, it depends on how lazy I am with filing them :biggrin: Always 100% natural and made by myself... I'd never get a mani by other people, yuck, I'd be scared to catch something in those salons :angel:

Last edited: