What music do CL lovers like to listen to?

I love a lot of music. My roots are in 70s punk/80s post-punk and David Bowie from the beginning. I was into the grunge thing (and still listen to Alice in Chains).

From this decade, I love are The Strokes, Kings Of Leon (first three albums, not the last one), Radiohead, Elliott Smith, Grandaddy, Built to Spill, The Rapture, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, The New Year/Bedhead, Black Mountain, Calla, Cat Power, Blonde Redhead, Kyuss/Queens of the Stone Age and the list goes on. I like Interpol and BRMC too, but steer clear for personal reasons

I'm a little out of current music. Maybe I'm gettting old, but I'm just not inspired by most of what i hear lately. I do like Vampire Weekend though!

I also love old reggae Big Youth, Prince Far I, etc.

JSG, I knew we had a lot in common! I actually saw Kings of Leon in concert on Monday night. And, I have seen Radiohead too.

Otherwise, I listen to pretty much everything, but country. I go to a lot of concerts so I try to keep an open mind as far as music goes. In the last week alone, I saw The Killers, Red Jumpsuit Apparatus, and Kings of Leon in concert. :tup:

Not a huge rap listener, but I like some hip/hop. And, since my sister is 10 years older than I am, I grew up listening to a lot of 80s music.

I like a little bit of everything.

Britney Spears, Justin Timberlake, Christina Aguilera, Beyonce, Jay-Z, Coldplay, Portishead, Faith Hill, Katy Perry, old school Michael Jackson, Tribe Called Quest, Carrie Underwood, Pink, Mary J Blige, Adele, Madonna, Daft Punk, Barry White, Al Greene, Angie Stone, Rihanna, Prince, De La Soul

I love all kinds of music. Because of my background, I'm a huge fan of opera. My favorites are all thinigs Puccini (La Boheme, Mme. Butterfly, etc.). One of my other favorites is Samson et Dalila by Camille Saint-Saëns.
My favorite bands are Dave Matthews, U2, Pink Floyd, Sugarland, Rascal Flats... I'm also a big Pink fan, I think she has an awesome rock voice, and her new album kicks a$$.
Johnny Cash and Billie Holiday get a lot of play on my iPod too.
One of my favorite albums is the soundtrack to the movie Once.
There's really no music that I don't like.
Me, too! I love opera - my fav is Tosca. Not a lot of opera where I live to go to, but my dad and I used to go when we were in Houston.

I LOVE the soundtrack to Once! The music is really beautiful.

Fun thread!

I listen to Industrial, new wave, EBM , synthpop and punk. I also love opera and in particular Wagner. At the same time I also often listen to Chopin and various violin sololists. When I am dressing up and getting ready I typically listen to Nina Simone, Ella and quite a bit of Jazz.

I am willing to listen to anything actually but I tend to not enjoy Rap music mainly because of the foul language used.

Here is where I show I am a Texan again.
I love TX country.
Radney Foster.....best singer-song writer around
Alison Krauss & Union Station.....Blue Grass singer and band
Dwight Yoakam....I just love the things he writes
Chris Isaak....pretty voice and he writes pretty good too
Plus I listen to a lot of instrumental stuff....mostly movie soundtracks.
I like Opera and musicals....I love to sing them.

Hmm, well I'm the biggest Lifehouse fan you'll ever meet haha, so pretty much just them! :P :love: No, but I also really like Josh Groban, Linkin Park, pop (not the cheesy kind haha :P), rock, some hip hop and r&b, etc... and back in the day, I was the biggest BSB fan ever :nuts:... still like them, and I'm not ashamed to admit it. :smile: I like a lot of things besides country... not my thing. :smile:

If you all like Belle & Sebastian, you should try Camera Obscura - similarly quirky but with a female lead singer.

I remember seeing them at the Foxfire Coffee Lounge in 2000. They were a lot of fun. I really miss that place. I think I saw the Faint there that year too. There were probably 15 people in the whole place.

Hmm, well I'm the biggest Lifehouse fan you'll ever meet haha, so pretty much just them! :P :love: No, but I also really like Josh Groban, Linkin Park, pop (not the cheesy kind haha :P), rock, some hip hop and r&b, etc... and back in the day, I was the biggest BSB fan ever :nuts:... still like them, and I'm not ashamed to admit it. :smile: I like a lot of things besides country... not my thing. :smile:

Minal, I love Lifehouse! Oh and Linkin Park....:love::supacool:

I am all over the place with music that I listen to.I pretty much listen to any and everything that has a nice beat. It really depends on my mood!

The people that I listen to THE most are: Sade, Prince, Coldplay

I like a little bit of everything.

Britney Spears, Justin Timberlake, Christina Aguilera, Beyonce, Jay-Z, Coldplay, Portishead, Faith Hill, Katy Perry, old school Michael Jackson, Tribe Called Quest, Carrie Underwood, Pink, Mary J Blige, Adele, Madonna, Daft Punk, Barry White, Al Greene, Angie Stone, Rihanna, Prince, De La Soul

You're my music twin! I love a lot of the people you mentioned. My favorite to see in concert is New Edition. I also like Robin Thicke and PCD. My favorite music producers are the Neptunes. I'm liking the track Universal Mind Control by Common right now.

I am a walking, talking musical oxymoron. I listen to anything and everything from Yanni, Elton John, Billy Joel, to Faith No More, Bon Jovi, Metallica, Marilyn Manson, and heavy rap. There's definitely no shortage of 80s hair bands, Britney, 'N Sync, Broadway Musical (when I feel like beltin' out when DF isn't home), and my newly acquired taste for the songs on Rock Band 2 (Livin' on a Prayer, anyone?). A friend of mine looked at my iPod, got a funny look on his face, and just said, "Eclectic taste."

It's a whole lotta random. :tunes:

JSG, I knew we had a lot in common! I actually saw Kings of Leon in concert on Monday night. And, I have seen Radiohead too.

Otherwise, I listen to pretty much everything, but country. I go to a lot of concerts so I try to keep an open mind as far as music goes. In the last week alone, I saw The Killers, Red Jumpsuit Apparatus, and Kings of Leon in concert. :tup:

Not a huge rap listener, but I like some hip/hop. And, since my sister is 10 years older than I am, I grew up listening to a lot of 80s music.

:wale:

Kings of Leon is one of the few bands that I love and never seen. I've always really wanted to go, but for one reason or another the timing's always been off. Since the last album, my desire has waned. Other than Sex on Fire that album fell really flat for me. I was so sad because the previous ones were so completely amazing!