What Music Do bbaggers listen to?

bal newbie

O.G.
Sep 16, 2006
Besides bbags, I really looove music. All kinds, but not much I would find on the radio, you know. Here's a very short list of some of my music obsessions:

- belle and sebastian
- bent fabric
- blondie
- serge gainsbourg
- lightning bolt
- family fodder
- magnetic fields
- the cure
- blood brothers
- cat power
- my DH's "noise projects"

what about you???

A lot of different stuff:

Marshall Crenshaw / Freedy Johnston / New Order / The Fray / Magazine / Beyonce / Bryan Ferry/Roxy Music / The Clash / The Buzzcocks / The Beatles / The Kinks / The Libertines /Franz Ferdinand / Elliott Smith / Green Day / Maroon 5 / Common / Mission of Burma / Matthew Sweet / Joni Mitchell / Snow Patrol / miscellaneous old school hip-hop & R&B / Paul Anka

My friends are amused, bewildered or horrified by what's on my Ipod.

I love all different types of music but my favorites are Billie Holiday, Feist, Simon and Garfunkel, Lily Allen, Metric, Regina Spektor, The Clash, Nine Inch Nails, and The Strokes...and many more.

quite a music nerd, when it comes down to it. i'd say i listen to an even mix of indie and electronic music. just no trance please. :sad:

my top 15 most listened-to artists, according to http://www.last.fm/user/noele - which doesn't necessarily mean they're my absolute favourites though...

-burial
-ida
-calibre
-tim hecker
-radio dept
-bonnie prince billy
-kim hiorthoy
-mitchell akiyama
-thom yorke
-pinback
-lawrence
-low
-helios
-the clientele
-jolie holland

and i'm always willing to share mixes...PM me if interested!

COUNTRY! :smile:
tim mcgraw, pat green, jason aldean, sugarland, kenny chesney

my absolute favorite song of all time? counting crows "accidentally in love" (shrek 2 soundtrack)

random...i know:Push:

Here's my mishmash:

- john legend
- buena vista social club
- marisa monte
- kill bill soundtrack
- black eyed peas (but haven't heard fergie solo yet!)
- breakfast at tiffany soundtrack
- dean martin

and others!

Fave song of the moment: Fergie's "Big girls don't cry" (I don't like any of her other stuff that I've heard...so this kind of surprised me)

Current favorite artist: Patty Griffin (who, by the way, wrote some of the Dixie Chicks songs like "Top of the World," "Let Him Fly," and "Truth #2" ... and Kelly Clarkson performed her "Up to the Mountain - MLK song" at the AI Benefit concert)

Been my favorite for years: Amy Grant, but she really needs to come out w/some new material (hymns do not count!!).