What Mundane Chore Do You Secretly Love?

Well, since I never go in that section, I'll answer here. I don't mind doing laundry at all as long as I have my own washer and dryer. I have nearly total control over it and it's about the only thing in my life I can say that about.

Um, "cleaning" the back yard. On a dry day. The dogs get a big kick out of me being out there and they put on a little play show. Sometimes my younger dog gets the zoomies. :smile:

And painting. I love to paint.

What? Why?

the last 2 places we've lived (in Illinois and in North Carolina) have rigid homeowners' associations and they forbid clotheslines because they are *unsightly*. If I had read every paragraph of their rules (can be 100's of pages sometimes) I'd have known before we moved there.

Fortunately we lived in the same rural home the whole time the boys were growing up and I could dry outside nearly all year.

Around here, there is a growing backlash against the power that these organizations have and how they misuse it, Sternchen. There is some state legislation trying to limit what they can require or forbid.

the last 2 places we've lived (in Illinois and in North Carolina) have rigid homeowners' associations and they forbid clotheslines because they are *unsightly*. If I had read every paragraph of their rules (can be 100's of pages sometimes) I'd have known before we moved there.

Fortunately we lived in the same rural home the whole time the boys were growing up and I could dry outside nearly all year.

Around here, there is a growing backlash against the power that these organizations have and how they misuse it, Sternchen. There is some state legislation trying to limit what they can require or forbid.

I've never lived in a community with a true Home Owner's Association. The last community I lived in in Maryland had one - but they only really regulated who got a key to the boat slip and who didn't. ;)