What Mulberries have you sold on or stopped using and why?

sarajane Ijust didn't use them they felt 2 small alough I don't carry too much in my bags I prefer a larger style although that doesn't make much sense as I have sold 2 elgins also lol

I sold my pink Bayswater and red glove Bayswater (Ebay market was good at the time and i sold them for more than i paid for them :yahoo:) They were not getting used as much as they should , but i know what i am like and in the summer i will want the pink back and will end up buying another :rolleyes:

*lol* I also sold a pink Bayswater - now I know I'm just not a pink bag girl :P

And I sold my Euston - bought it as it reminded me of a Speedy, but then I preferred the real thing, and thought I'd better sell it before the fabric gets dirty.

:smile: Hello, I'm usually to be found in the Chloe forum, but I am a past-Mulberry obsessive and still dabble occasionally, so thought I'd join in on this thread. Don't take offence Mulberry ladies, but I have sold off most of my Mulberry collection via eBay at this point ( and a few went back to the store)...Here goes:

Green Phoebe - Wasn't quite large enough to hold the enormous amount of rubbish I cart about with me daily.

Chalk Emmy - Impulse purchase:shame: -never used it, just looked at it alot!

Chocolate & Cognac Emmy - After an inital love affair with it, I found it too bulky/heavy and tricky to open in the end (also shoulder straps weren't quite long enough to be comfortable for me)

Green Joni - Leather marked too easily and was so soft (but gorgeous may I add) that I was terrified of tearing it - I'm quite a heavy bag user and need bags that are able to take quite alot of wear and tear.

Claret Joni - another impulse purchase :shame:sad:see Chalk Emmy), particularly silly as I'd already bought the green one and knew it was a bit iffy.

Black Annie - got bored with it and the leather was a bit stiff - didn't age nicely.

:sad:Ginger Annie - love this bag but it has to go because I need to fund another Chloe impulse purchase (a bit of a habit of mine I'm afraid!)

Midnight Mabel - Bought it only because the Purple Patent had sold out. Beautiful bag but couldn't comfortably wear it on my shoulder so took it back to shop.

Purple Patent Mabel - Why did I buy this when I knew from the experience with the Midnight one that it wasn't the bag for me :confused1:(I carry too much stuff around to use a bag that can't be worn on the shoulder) ??? I guess I just had to own it for a couple of days after being on a lengthy waiting list to get it. Bought it, took it home, took it out of the dustbag and stared at it on and off for a couple of days and then took it back...completely mad behaviour I know:nuts:, but it's such a pretty bag and I wanted it (in principle) so much...I'm wondering if anyone else has had this type of experience with a Mabel ?

The bags I'm keeping are a Hibiscus Joni which has some terrible stains on the back from rubbing against a pair of my dak jeans:yucky:, but I still love it :heart:and will never part with it and a Chocolate Elgin (is Chocolate the right name ? It's very dark brown) which I find very useful and still love the style.

So there you have it, a ridiculously lengthy answer to the question!

Wow!!!!!!!! I thought I was indecisive!!! But at least you have the benefit of having tried these bags and can now quite happily knock them off your wishlist! I have an oak Elgin,and of all of them so far its turned out to be supremely useful (and yes,chocolate is the right description!x) One I am seriously thinking of letting go now is a chocolate blenheim and using it to fund a baby blue one,I have a chocolate Roxy so I don't feel the need to have two choccy bags and I think a blue one in summer when I don't have Sophie in tow would be gorgeous,along with my pink bayswater.............. oo, it never ends!!!

You're right about the indecisiveness:yes: - I didn't realise I was so bad until I made that list. Actually I'm also big on impulse buys, which as we know can lead to all sorts of buyer's remorse:sad:! I had a huge love affair with Mulberry bags:heart: which went on for quite a few years - in fact the Hisbiscus Joni was my first ever designer bag. You just can't argue with the craftsmanship and quality of Mulberry bags...also their ad campaigns are pretty seductive these days;).

Speaking of which, I've just made my first clothing purchase from Mulberry - an absolutely stunning biker jacket:love: (a bit like a Belstaff jacket only MUCH nicer). The trouble with the Mulberry flagship store in New Bond Street is that it's almost impossible to walk out empty-handed, but when the credit card bills come in, you suddenly wake up and realise what you've done:sweatdrop: !

You're right about the indecisiveness:yes: - I didn't realise I was so bad until I made that list. Actually I'm also big on impulse buys, which as we know can lead to all sorts of buyer's remorse:sad:! I had a huge love affair with Mulberry bags:heart: which went on for quite a few years - in fact the Hisbiscus Joni was my first ever designer bag. You just can't argue with the craftsmanship and quality of Mulberry bags...also their ad campaigns are pretty seductive these days;).

Speaking of which, I've just made my first clothing purchase from Mulberry - an absolutely stunning biker jacket:love: (a bit like a Belstaff jacket only MUCH nicer). The trouble with the Mulberry flagship store in New Bond Street is that it's almost impossible to walk out empty-handed, but when the credit card bills come in, you suddenly wake up and realise what you've done:sweatdrop: !

OOOOOOOO!!!!!!! Post pics of the jacket!!!! I love bike jackets,I have a little one from Zara,not quite the same,but I remember my Dad and brother used to wear them and I loved the styling. Could instantly make my dad look quite cool!!! (better when he put his helmet on tho!!
hahahaha!!)

I was looking at the Mulberry website last nite,and saw a really nice scarf,grey striped, £175!! Thank God I don't live near a shop! I think if I saw it IRL I would convince myself it would go with everything!!!(actually it does...........................................)

Hey Chaz, here's a photo of my Mulberry biker jacket as requested:smile: ! Photo doesn't really do it justice though:love: (gorgeous buttersoft leather, little postman's locks on the pockets, engraved hardware, fabulous cut...I could go on!)

Attachments

• mulberry biker jacket.jpg
    mulberry biker jacket.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 61
Tagullah - please let me know when you next have a mad impulse Mulberry purchase would be happy to help..

:lol: I'm going to try very hard to curb my impulsive retail habit in 2008 (especially as I'm not working at the moment and until DH's show opens in London, the cupboard is getting increasingly bare:sad:...that's not including my bulging wardrobe full of impulse purchases of course:shame:!)If I break my NY resolution though Tara, I'll let you know;)!!!

Oh dear Chaz - just looked at the scarves you were talking about on the website - they're gorgeous:heart:...especially the striped jersey ones. Haven't looked at the Mulberry website for a couple of months and now I wish I hadn't;) (but you're dead right, the one you like really WOULD go with everything...if you haven't already self-gifted this Xmas you really should :yes:!)

Oh dear Chaz - just looked at the scarves you were talking about on the website - they're gorgeous:heart:...especially the striped jersey ones. Haven't looked at the Mulberry website for a couple of months and now I wish I hadn't;) (but you're dead right, the one you like really WOULD go with everything...if you haven't already self-gifted this Xmas you really should :yes:!)

OOO,Hahahaha!!! Self gifted,omg I think I've self gifted til waaaaaaaaay past 2015!!!!! I will be keeping a sharp eye on the sales for that little gem though!!! The more I think about it,the more stuff it would go with....................................oh dear!!!!!:graucho:

But back on topic,that jacket is stunning!!! Long boots,black roll necked jumper( grey and cream cashmere scarf!) I bet it would look just fabulous with so many things!!!

OOO,Hahahaha!!! Self gifted,omg I think I've self gifted til waaaaaaaaay past 2015!!!!! I will be keeping a sharp eye on the sales for that little gem though!!! The more I think about it,the more stuff it would go with....................................oh dear!!!!!:graucho:

But back on topic,that jacket is stunning!!! Long boots,black roll necked jumper( grey and cream cashmere scarf!) I bet it would look just fabulous with so many things!!!

Yes,I too have self-gifted way into the next decade but hey, we're worth it;).
Your outfit description to team with the Biker jacket is bang on...worn very often with cropped jeans and Belstaff black Trailmaster biker boots...only thing missing is a really nice scarf:graucho:.