What Messenger bag would you advise?

Marjo1978

O.G.
Aug 1, 2009
I think I want to buy a messenger :smile: There's a lot of options. My first thought was: a Mitzy Messenger in Blueberry, but maybe you have other messenger bags that you are very happy with. I don't want to spend an awful lot of money on it (so no Alexa for me ;)) as I will probably not use it on a daily basis and use it as a 'practical' bag to carry my purse and stuff when I go get my groceries... Any tips?

Everyone knows I'm a Mitzy Messenger fan!
Anthony is a good bag if you want something smaller (they do come in a larger size though) - they are very comfortabel to wear.

I have both the Ant and Mitzy and for me the Mitzy is great for everyday and you can fit loads in, I also like the way it moulds to your shape. The ant is also great, but I only have the reg size and find it a bit small if I am out with the kids, but great if I do not need to take much with me-the larger on would be ideal.

No that much in a smaller ant. I had a mabel purse and that didn't fit but my Paul Smith swirl purse fits fine and then I have my iphone, keys, lipsalve and thats about it. I would hold more but not much more. If you want more the larger size would be better.

Dre, do you find the strap digs in on your mitzy messenger? I found mine uncomfortable as it is a narrow strap and sold mine but it did look lovely.

Hi Blue, depends on how much is in it. If it is just my stuff ( keys, purse phone etc) then it is great, but once the kids fill it with stuff then it does dig a bit. I have only really worn it with a thick coat so will wait and see how it fairs when wearing less layers.

Hmm I think small Ant would be to small. I tend to carry lots of stuff (that I probably don't need to take but anyway). I think I will go to the Mulberry retailers tomorrow to see what they have and try some on.

Marjo, please, tell us your opinions once you have visited the retailers. I am really interested in the crossbody bags, too. I am thinking Daria Satchel... I´d love to hear which bag you end up getting. :smile:

Marjo, please, tell us your opinions once you have visited the retailers. I am really interested in the crossbody bags, too. I am thinking Daria Satchel... I´d love to hear which bag you end up getting. :smile:

I'm not sure if I would be able to try Daria. The retailers around here mostly don't have an awful lot of choice and the official Mulberry shop is too far away. But I will report :P

I have both small and large antony's and definitely recommend the larger one if you have more than just purse & keys to carry. My small will fit my long mabel purse, iphone, keys and that's about it. The large will fit a significant amount more stuff into it :smile:

How about the new E/W Antony on the website? Looks fab!

I also agree with Mitzy recommendations, another brilliant bag :biggrin: