What made U fall in love with Hermès?

I guess I just reached an age when the "IT" bag phenonmenon was just over, over, over. I was done with it. I wanted something substantial, classic, timeless, and impeccable.
There really is no comparison. Nothing even comes close, IMO.

I completely agree. I bought so many IT bags including ones from LV that were 6k and a couple seasons later they were so OVER. I would never allow myself to even go in an Hermes store because I always had the perception they were SO EXPENSIVE. But then I came to my senses when I realized I was buying such expensive it bags and another 8 or 9 Chanel bags a year at about 2k a pop. I finally realized Hermes is timeless and classic and in a wierd sort of way would actually save me money. (I have amazing rationalizing skills).:nuts:

When I was settling for styles of bags that 2 months later I was looking for something, anything again (and essentially throwing away money) I found H bags.
The style, craftsmanship & spa treatments will keep me for life.

My first piece from H was an enamel bracelet that DH bought me for our anniversary one year. The quality, craftsmanship and beauty made me interested in the brand as well as the history (Grace Kelly, equestrian roots). Years later I found the tPF H subforum, began collecting scarves and became completely addicted. :tup:

:graucho: I also didn't know H bags were handmade till I came to tPF.

When I saw the Princess Diaries and Anne Hathaway's mispronunciation of Hermes I looked into it a little, then when I saw the Devil Wears Prada and Emily Blunt get hit by a car and all those H boxes go flying into the air with scarves everywhere, I got more interested-- then, sadly enough, I heard stories about the H forum, decided to check it out myself since I am a scarf addict (Coach were my first scarves, I have tons) and now-- well, when I get my first bag we'll know for sure but I am pretty sure there's no going back!

I'm still thinking of that Devil Wears Prada-- the book AND the movie-- Miranda and her "white H scarves she loses all the time" and how many they have for her... and the movie... "26 scarves from hermes..." floating about the streets of NY :nuts:

I always wanted a Birkin, since I was a teenager. I remember the press about JPG moving to Hermes and that got me interested. But when I truly fell in love was when I realised these were one of a kind pieces, made by hand and with love. Hermes is that last manufacturer to do so and who knows, one day they may change. If that day comes I know my gorgeous, sniffable, gropable bag will be one of the last of its kind.

I was a Chanel lover through and through. I noticed that some of the Jersey H gals (Rose, NS, Minnie and POTH) were going to lunch and I tagged along. That day I saw my first H bags up close and was hooked! Since then I have been collecting and refinig an H collection. It is trial and error for me in terms of what works. Unfortunately I am not the kind of gal that can look at a bag and know if it will work for me. I have to live with it. But even when I make a mistake, I still think the bag or style is just impeccable...but may not work for me.

I guess I just reached an age when the "IT" bag phenonmenon was just over, over, over. I was done with it. I wanted something substantial, classic, timeless, and impeccable.

There really is no comparison. Nothing even comes close, IMO.

You could not have said it any better even though im working on my 1st bag i have a wallet, earrings and ring ...my bag is next

Reactions: Cilifene
My mother has several Hermes bags and many scarves that I worshiped growing up. (You can read about my "How I saved an Hermes Bag" story that I posted in this section at the end of September.) But I bought my first Hermes scarf (Beige - Voitures a Transformations) when I was 16 which I still have and wear. I agree with everyone who said that once you buy an Hermes purse, the best thing is that you stop buying the latest "purse du jour" because you know you have the best purse ever. Unfortunately that does not stop a person from buying more Hermes purses.......:girlsigh: