what LV bag to use on funerals?

imeelove

Jan 17, 2009
austin, tx
okay, someone has asked what bag to wear on weddings. what about on funerals? is it ok to use one when you know everyone is in a mourning state?
i've seen some who used their LVs, guccis, burberrys on funeral ceremony and i find it a bit distracting esp the flashy ones like the vernis alma (though i'm sure i saw a fake one).

is using an expensive designer bag a no-no to funerals?

D

Deleted member 20806

I mean, i say bring what you want...... bring a bag if you want to bring a bag. But I'm thinking a funeral is not the most appropriate place to fuss over bringing a designer bag. In this case, there are strong emotions running around and what bag one has is utterly pointless. That's just my opinion though!

shoegirl1975

My baby is 3!
Oct 2, 2006
USA
I don't think it's a no-no! I would prefer to look at a nicely dressed person carrying a designer bag than the way some people show up for a funeral! I've seen people wearing jeans & ratty old t shirts, teen aged girls wearing low rise jeans, thongs sticking out...etc.

For my aunt's funeral, I carried my Vernis Reade PM. I had 3 bags at that time, 1 mono the other Azur so I felt that was the most discreet that I owned during that time.

Now, I'd probably stick with an Epi bag or maybe my Mahina in Noir.

eurogirrl

purses + books = ♥
Jan 5, 2009
southeast asia
i always believe there is a time and place for everything..
as i said in the previous thread re which bags for the workplace, i think subtle styles, in more subdued colors would be best for funerals.. especially since most of what we wear are black or white.. :yes:

Alexis168

Haters suck
O.G.
Aug 31, 2008
USA
I would think one would bring something not so distracting to a funeral. Afterall, it wouldn't be respectful to the family if one would get all the attention with an expensive bag. If one must bring LV then, I would suggest something Black Epi.

heychar

❤️
O.G.
Sep 16, 2008
England
I'd go with a dark coloured epi bag if I had to go LV... generally I don't recall carrying anything but a pack a tissues the last time!

Cari284

Jul 9, 2009
Europe
I don't think it's a no no either. The Alma Vernis is a no no for me but I think the Louis Vuitton bags (mono, damier) are true classics that works almost everywhere. The Damier ebene and monogram is discreet and so beautiful.

SaraDK

Addicted!
O.G.
Aug 17, 2007
Denmark
I would wear my black epi pochette or maybe my damier speedy.. Actually going to two next week.. :sad:

19flowers

O.G.
Apr 25, 2008
USA
I have carried my ebene mini lin speedy to a funeral. It's dark, understated, and doesn't scream "Louis Vuitton".