What luxury items do you see in real life? Bags, RTW, jewelry, shoes, etc.

lill_canele

Pug mom <3
Jun 21, 2021
If there is a thread on this topic already, apologies (please re-direct my thread), I did a couple of searches but couldn't find a specific thread focused on this sort of topic.

So I've been reading quite a few threads that have had this topic come up on: What we feel that we "see too much of" or "everyone has it" vs What we see in real life?

So, let's see what we actually see in the real world among real people! ;)

1) Feel free to post the location (ie. NorCal, SoCal, or a city, etc.) or type of location (ie. a mall, at work, parent-teacher conference, lol, etc.) you saw luxury items. But you do not have to. It's just to give people an idea of the environment.

2) And what luxury items did you see?

I'll go first.

I was in Downtown LA yesterday for a Clippers basketball game and I saw:
- A LV backpack
- a few Gucci belt bags or shoulder bags
- 3 Prada re-issue bags (2 nylon, 1 saffiano)
- 2 YSL bags (sorry, don't know the names)
- a chanel boy bag
- a denim graffitti chanel bag
- a mini kelly, black with palladium hardware~ (oo la la :graucho:)
- quite a few jordan shoes

A nice variety actually! :amuse:

Please feel free to share what you see! :biggrin: And thank you!

I see luxury brands every now and then, but they’re not everywhere. I was back home recently in the waiting room at my solicitors office (Norfolk UK) and a middle aged guy came in wearing well worn expensive country clothing and what were obviously hand made shoes. No obvious branding. He looked understated, comfortable and very cool.
I like that. I'm not usually big on lots of logos.

In my current mid-sized Canadian city I see plenty of Louis Vuitton (mostly Neverfulls, yesterday a Pochette Metis), and Gucci, Prada and YSL of various sorts. I never see any Chanel or Hermes...

Milan: mini K exotic; VCA alhambra; cartier, orans, Zimmerman dresses, brunello RTW and sneakers for men
Rome: Birkin, kelly, Bulgari, Cartier, valentino RTW and bags and shoes
dubai: Birkin, kelly, Evelyne, exotics And plain leather, chanel mini and C19, chanel RTW; on the man made beach, a ton of dior book tote and imitation book totes. A lot of dior RTW. Orans everywhere. Some dior slides. Some chanel espadrilles.
Paris: a lot of chanel. At FSH, a lot of hermes RTW and bags. A lot of YSL Lou Lou. A woman with 20 motif VCA at breakfast
London: chanel jumbos more than minis; kelly bags also larger; though i saw one orange mini waiting outside the moncler store on NBS. At the Connaught, a lot of chanel bags. Some dior mini LD. A ton of LV including TWO mono ? Printed fur coat (on in Knightsbridge, one on NBS
NY UES: a lot of Birkin, kelly with chanel RTW

at luxury beach resorts like Canuan, British grenadines or an Aman, men dress like day laborers down on their luck but havr super expensive watches like PP, AP and collectors rolex

Last edited:
NOTHING...I live in "fashion hell"! A few LVs and that's about it. I'm the only one, I know , that wears designer stuff...even at fancy parties, in multi million dollar homes. Go figure!
(People do wear custom Nantucket basket bags that can be expensive)
Sadly, I don’t live in a very fashion conscious area either.

It can be good as I can carry my designer bags and fly under the radar.

The downside is that I wish I had some friends who were interested in designer items.

I mainly see a lot of Neverfull’s at the more upscale mall near me.

ETA: I did see a woman at the grocery store with a Birkin and saw her again at the mall a few weeks later. It was unusual for me to see anyone with a Birkin so I noticed her.

Sadly, I don’t live in a very fashion conscious area either.

It can be good as I can carry my designer bags and fly under the radar.

The downside is that I wish I had some friends who were interested in designer items.

I mainly see a lot of Neverfull’s at the more upscale mall near me.
Good way to look at it, Mimmy! I buy what I want for me...I like lovely things. Yes to the Neverfull's! LOL!

Near a mega city: Lots and lot of LV (mostly Neverfulls and Multi-Pochette Accessoires in mono). Lot of Hermes Oran sandals. Ton of Cartier Love bracelets and rings. Some Chanels (mostly WOCs and C19s). Some Lady Diors. Prada re-editions. Bottega cassette in both padded and regular. Gucci Marmot, Soho and sneakers. YSL camera bags. Celine belt bags. Jacquemus bags. Balanciaga bags (anything with the logo on it) and sneakers.

Near a mega city: Lots and lot of LV (mostly Neverfulls and Multi-Pochette Accessoires in mono). Lot of Hermes Oran sandals. Ton of Cartier Love bracelets and rings. Some Chanels (mostly WOCs and C19s). Some Lady Diors. Prada re-editions. Bottega cassette in both padded and regular. Gucci Marmot, Soho and sneakers. YSL camera bags. Celine belt bags. Jacquemus bags. Balanciaga bags (anything with the logo on it) and sneakers.

Wow! I love your variety!:tup:
All I see are mainly LV, Chanel and Hermes…not exactly a bad thing but I prefer to see different things and how they are styles. It can get a little redundant when one sees the same things lol :P